hey guys.

Not sure if this is in the right section

i've done a turbo conversation on a rb25de neo

changed manifold with rb25det manifold

rb25det injectors

rb25det ECU

RB25DET stock turbo

and a front mount intercooler

I Have no idea what to do, the car is running like shit when i turn the steering wheel it wants to stall (it did stall beforehand but i cleaned out the IACV with thorttle body cleaner and it helped it a little but it still wants to stall. when i put the car in gear the revs go up and down and wants to stall but when its in park its fine.

this is the first time doing this on my car and im lost and have nobody to talk to about it..

Is it a Neo ECU or vanilla? DE engine loom, or DET engine loom?

Not that I expect you would have a good time getting it running on a vanilla ECU.....but there are things you need connected on the Neo ECU that you might not have taken care of.

You will probably have to completely dismantle the IACV to clean it properly. They do get really gummed up.

43 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Is it a Neo ECU or vanilla? DE engine loom, or DET engine loom?

You need to confirm what GTSboy has asked before we can help you. For example Idle up is altered by a power steering pressure switch

Is this connected??? Does the switch work?? Is the AAC signal wire connected to ECU Does the switch work ???

14 minutes ago, Amghugs said:

im running the stock rb25de neo engine loom all i did was plug the ecu in

I"m amazed it started, the plug fits obviously but the pinouts are different. Do you have both de and det R34 wiring diagrams ??

2 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

I"m amazed it started, the plug fits obviously but the pinouts are different. Do you have both de and det R34 wiring diagrams ??

no i dont have any wiring diagrams... so what are you telling me that the ECU wont work with it? what am i meant to do .. i haven't worked for 2 weeks because im trying to get my car done so i  can work..

what do i have to get etc?

do i just plug the de ecu back in and go from there?

18 minutes ago, Amghugs said:

i bought it off a guy and he said its rb25det neo ecu.

Mate, you can't trust anyone selling a car to be truthful. There is a part number on the side of the ECU post it up and I will tell you what it is,

Just now, Amghugs said:

no i dont have any wiring diagrams... so what are you telling me that the ECU wont work with it? what am i meant to do .. i haven't worked for 2 weeks because im trying to get my car done so i  can work..

what do i have to get etc?

do i just plug the de ecu back in and go from there?

Wow. That's a pretty stupid plan if you need the car for work.

Now you expect people to lay it out on a platter so you can sort your mess out.

what you should is make the car stock again.

2 minutes ago, Amghugs said:

no i dont have any wiring diagrams... so what are you telling me that the ECU wont work with it? what am i meant to do

I will PM you some diagrams, you will probably have too change some pin connectors around

2 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Wow. That's a pretty stupid plan if you need the car for work.

Now you expect people to lay it out on a platter so you can sort your mess out.

Steady on Ben, don't kick a bloke when he's down. He came here for help and probably has limited funds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Mate, you can't trust anyone selling a car to be truthful. There is a part number on the side of the ECU post it up and I will tell you what it is,

67084912_2334461486823954_2903283379677954048_n.jpg

67494520_371963666847652_2416909038127153152_n.jpg

11 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Steady on Ben, don't kick a bloke when he's down. He came here for help and probably has limited funds.

Fair call. Sorry about that

6 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

This is going to end in fault codes even if he can make the ECU pinout changes. Needs the DET boost sensor wired up for a start.

Absolutely ,definitely need some additional sensor wiring

Really you need the appropriate loom i.e. a S2 Stagea loom or a R34 loom. When you say RB25DET injectors and turbo were they from a neo or an R33?

Seriously how far do you live from work? Can you borrow  a pushbike? I suspect that without help this will not be a quick fix.

The neo DE cam has less lift than the turbo cam and a different VCT changeover point so it should be able to run but not optimally. Ideally you would get a nistune chip for the ecu so that you can tune the car once you get it running.

How are you controlling boost? What is the plumbing to the turbo actuator?

Take a few pics of the engine set up and post them here.

1 hour ago, BK said:

WGNC34 Stagea RB25DET NEO ECU

This one does not have provision for traction control so I don't know how that will affect the throttle.

BTW (I don't have Nissan Fast) but Google seems to suggest that its a manual ecu.

2 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

This one does not have provision for traction control so I don't know how that will affect the throttle.

That's not a problem. Stag ECU will ignore the TCS motor and position sensor (if it's even there). I have Stagea image in My R34 ECU as part of the "kill TCS" you need to do when transplanting these things.