Jump to content
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Amghugs

HELP r34 n/a turbo conversation

Recommended Posts

hey guys.

Not sure if this is in the right section

i've done a turbo conversation on a rb25de neo

changed manifold with rb25det manifold

rb25det injectors

rb25det ECU

RB25DET stock turbo

and a front mount intercooler

I Have no idea what to do, the car is running like shit when i turn the steering wheel it wants to stall (it did stall beforehand but i cleaned out the IACV with thorttle body cleaner and it helped it a little but it still wants to stall. when i put the car in gear the revs go up and down and wants to stall but when its in park its fine.

this is the first time doing this on my car and im lost and have nobody to talk to about it..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a Neo ECU or vanilla? DE engine loom, or DET engine loom?

Not that I expect you would have a good time getting it running on a vanilla ECU.....but there are things you need connected on the Neo ECU that you might not have taken care of.

You will probably have to completely dismantle the IACV to clean it properly. They do get really gummed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Is it a Neo ECU or vanilla? DE engine loom, or DET engine loom?

You need to confirm what GTSboy has asked before we can help you. For example Idle up is altered by a power steering pressure switch

Is this connected??? Does the switch work?? Is the AAC signal wire connected to ECU Does the switch work ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i bought it off a guy and he said its rb25det neo ecu..

and im running the stock rb25de neo engine loom all i did was plug the ecu in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Amghugs said:

im running the stock rb25de neo engine loom all i did was plug the ecu in

I"m amazed it started, the plug fits obviously but the pinouts are different. Do you have both de and det R34 wiring diagrams ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

I"m amazed it started, the plug fits obviously but the pinouts are different. Do you have both de and det R34 wiring diagrams ??

no i dont have any wiring diagrams... so what are you telling me that the ECU wont work with it? what am i meant to do .. i haven't worked for 2 weeks because im trying to get my car done so i  can work..

what do i have to get etc?

do i just plug the de ecu back in and go from there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Amghugs said:

i bought it off a guy and he said its rb25det neo ecu.

Mate, you can't trust anyone selling a car to be truthful. There is a part number on the side of the ECU post it up and I will tell you what it is,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Amghugs said:

no i dont have any wiring diagrams... so what are you telling me that the ECU wont work with it? what am i meant to do .. i haven't worked for 2 weeks because im trying to get my car done so i  can work..

what do i have to get etc?

do i just plug the de ecu back in and go from there?

Wow. That's a pretty stupid plan if you need the car for work.

Now you expect people to lay it out on a platter so you can sort your mess out.

what you should is make the car stock again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Amghugs said:

no i dont have any wiring diagrams... so what are you telling me that the ECU wont work with it? what am i meant to do

I will PM you some diagrams, you will probably have too change some pin connectors around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Wow. That's a pretty stupid plan if you need the car for work.

Now you expect people to lay it out on a platter so you can sort your mess out.

Steady on Ben, don't kick a bloke when he's down. He came here for help and probably has limited funds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Mate, you can't trust anyone selling a car to be truthful. There is a part number on the side of the ECU post it up and I will tell you what it is,

 

67084912_2334461486823954_2903283379677954048_n.jpg

67494520_371963666847652_2416909038127153152_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Steady on Ben, don't kick a bloke when he's down. He came here for help and probably has limited funds.

Fair call. Sorry about that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WGNC34 Stagea RB25DET NEO manual transmission ECU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to end in fault codes even if he can make the ECU pinout changes. Needs the DET boost sensor wired up for a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

This is going to end in fault codes even if he can make the ECU pinout changes. Needs the DET boost sensor wired up for a start.

Absolutely ,definitely need some additional sensor wiring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really you need the appropriate loom i.e. a S2 Stagea loom or a R34 loom. When you say RB25DET injectors and turbo were they from a neo or an R33?

Seriously how far do you live from work? Can you borrow  a pushbike? I suspect that without help this will not be a quick fix.

The neo DE cam has less lift than the turbo cam and a different VCT changeover point so it should be able to run but not optimally. Ideally you would get a nistune chip for the ecu so that you can tune the car once you get it running.

How are you controlling boost? What is the plumbing to the turbo actuator?

Take a few pics of the engine set up and post them here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BK said:

WGNC34 Stagea RB25DET NEO ECU

This one does not have provision for traction control so I don't know how that will affect the throttle.

BTW (I don't have Nissan Fast) but Google seems to suggest that its a manual ecu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

The neo DE cam has less lift than the turbo cam

Only the exhaust cam is different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

edited - yes manual ECU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

This one does not have provision for traction control so I don't know how that will affect the throttle.

That's not a problem. Stag ECU will ignore the TCS motor and position sensor (if it's even there). I have Stagea image in My R34 ECU as part of the "kill TCS" you need to do when transplanting these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...