SAU Community

Power Window

uncouth32

Hi all, my driver side window and left passenger window decided to die on me. And its plain irritating to open the door to get tickets in carparks. Was wondering if you guys might know where i can get it fix and how much would it cost me??

Did both stop working at the same time? weird for both 2 b not working, if you know how to get the door trim off check to see if the window reg's are getting power! If they are either be the switches or the reg's! If they arent probably a fuse???

Its weird that its both, if you check what Paul suggested and still come up empty, open the control unit. Its inside the drivers door. Look at the solder joints. If there are any that look dull, heat them up with a soldering iron so the solder reheats. It could be as simple as dry solder joints. This happened to my R33. Just on the drivers door. After doing this, I had no more problems :(

thanks for your replies! somehow, the driver windows started working this morning. not sure if its because i had the car under the sun yesterday for a good 10 hours. :( but the passenger is still down. will have a look at it some time soon. hope i know how to... hahah... im hopeless with car electronics.

do you hear a clicking or buzzing sound?

This happened in my ex's car Check your fuses, then check your relays. (it wasn't a skyline but I assume auto electric issues aren't too different in each type of car...or maybe I'm wrogn *shrug*)

The motor could also be seizing? WD40 ftw :(

Invest in a multimeter or ask one of the guys to help and have a look if you're unsure!

definately try the control unit if the windows just decide when they want to work apparently its a problem with all electric windows using that style of system as they age the solder dries out and the conection can become intermitant

well thats what the autosparky who fixed mine in about 30 seconds told me