SAU Community

R33 Radiator On A31

Conrad 2NR

A shop that is located a distance from where I am has a R33 radiator (both manual and auto R33 if that makes a difference) for cheap.

Will there be any difficulties in installing it on my A31? Can the hoses I already have be re-used or would I have to get new ones?

I appreciate any help/advice, pics will also come in handy.

The R33 radiator is taller so will not fit straight in. R32 gtst is a straight fit and thicker than the ceffy N/A one.

Thought there used to be a thread on it with someone said they had fitted an R33 one somehow, but couldn't find it.

Hope this helps.

The R33 radiator is taller so will not fit straight in. R32 gtst is a straight fit and thicker than the ceffy N/A one.

Thought there used to be a thread on it with someone said they had fitted an R33 one somehow, but couldn't find it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks alot. I'll just get a 32GTST one.

Hope this helps.

no no my friend, i have a 33 rad in my ceffy, no mods needed that im aware of, its 34 ones that are too tall to fit

I can only tell you my experence, when I put my RB25 in I bought most of an R33 front cut including radiator. I tried to fit the radiator and it was too tall so I sold it and bought an R32 one. Think they said you can pack the supports down to make it fit.

It wouldn't take too much to try it.

I'm running R33 radiator in my ceff, I did chop the bottom rubbers in half to help fit, and the top brackets don't line up, but you can make the top brakets out of anything.

I was more concerned about extra cooling capacity than factory looking fit.

If it trully isn't that hard to fit, I'll make an attempt. I believe my current one (which came off a R32) is plugged and causing hoses to burst. Can't afford for the head-gasket in this one to go as I'm currently saving for a 25DET. :P