SAU Community

S14 Coilovers Or Shock & Springs On A31

Conrad 2NR

I have my S14 front brakes waiting to get their brake lines and hubs before being attached to my A31 and was wondering if anyone had ever used S14 coilovers on their Cefiro.

I believe the bolts should line up with the A31 in the rear and if I use the S14 hubs with matching balljoints pressed in to the stock A31 LCAs the front should bolt up snug without the need for sleeves on the bolts connecting the hubs to the shock-absorber. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone has pics of an A31 with stock S14 shock and springs or S14 coilovers please feel free to post up pics/links, I'll really appreciate it.

Mine was converted to five stud in Japan so I'm not sure on what components i.e hubs were used for the conversion.

I later swapped from s13 front coilovers to s14.

Bolt holes from hub to shock WERE DIFFERENT in diameter! Didn't phase me or my mechanic though, just torqed the bolts up and rolled away with massive camber adjustability.

Im pretty sure the rears will bolt up however looking at pics the S14 and S15 rear sturts look alot (and i mean alot) longer than the S13/'cefiro rear struts so be careful

Edited by Ceffy_SA

That's the info I want. Can't seem to find any pics with a side by side comparison. I guess, short of actually going to a scrap yard and putting the two side by side I'll never know until I actually buy them.

Oh well, I'll just try to get some S13 adjustables and sleeves for the bolts running through the hub and shock. The stock S13 shocks have the front pretty low and I'm becoming tired of crossing speed-bumps sideways.

s14 rear struts bolt up pretty much on the parcel shelf wheras s13/r32/cefiro are down much lower in the boot, so 100% DON'T fit sorry mate , alternatively you could sell the rears if you plan on buying a set as they fit s14/15/r33/34 :P