SAU Community

Time To Get Coilovers For My R33 Gtst

Just_Rb

Im looking into getting coilovers for my r33 gtst and have come across two that are within my budget at the moment. i would like to know your opinions on which would be better(ie. quality, ride, adjustability, durability).

the two that im tossing up between are:

Tein HR Coilovers

HKS HYPERMAX D's

thanks

Edited by Just_Rb

i have Tein HR...they are very firm and stiff....but i like it like that, although i havent tried hipermax's before so i cant compare

Car handles alot better, probably the best mod that i have done to my car

• 1 month later...

At the risk of being shot down by the 'experts' I recently bought a set of pedders new xtreme coilovers. Jap made, height adjustable without shortening the spring rate, $2k fitted. Well priced from what I found. Very happy. Now for the inevitable reprisals that come from buying non jap company products.....and likely to be told they're made in China, Taiwan, Backwardsthirdworldcountrystaffedbytenyearoldkids.

from ns (more relavent over there)

uve gotta understand, most of opinions about those coilovers are gonna come from people with little to no REAL experience, before anyone gets their panties in a knot im not saying i have a wealth of experience, but a lot of my decisions are based on what ive been told by people with real experience. there are some people on here with real experience, but in a sea of idiots, they tend to just fade into the background, especially since their opinion almost always clashes with the majority on here.

some people will be a bit sensitive to harsher ride, so automatically anything a bit harder will be shit, some like the hardness, so anything soft will be shit, with these people it simply comes down to personal preference rather than any solid evidence. all we tend to go off is which ones break first, oh heaps of people have broken G2/D4's so they are obviously shit, but doesnt mean because HSD's dont break, that their performance is any better.

to really come to a solid conclusion u would really need to see back to back comparisons of how they improve grip, and lap times (still relavent with drift), and also shock dyno's of how the adjustments work, as well as find out how the shocks last under hard and prolonged use and subsequent heat.

so basically what im saying, is u can come on here and ask as many people on here as possible and get as many opinions in return, but really in the end not much will really mean anything.