Hi

I recently bought my 32 GTR and couldn't get it over .5bar

So i cut out the restrictors in the hoses

Then found it had a narrower cat so got a 3in hi flow cat

and ran it with no exhaust to rule out blockage in exhaust

Cleaned the intercooler out and piping

Have cleaned out the bovs

I ran a hose from the waste gate straight to the manifold

Then just changed the turbos with another set of standard GTR turbos and still have the same problem

Was wondering if anyone has had same problem? Has anymore ideas? Or what could be happening?

Im out of ideas

Cheers Jarrod

have you got any boost control? you cant just run a line straight from the waste gate to the manifold cause you will only run waste gate pressure.

Just the stock boost controller that is to the left of the engine bay when you look from front on. Have also tried a GFB Atomic Boost controller. Have also disconnected the lines to the wastegates which "should have" boosted to 1.8bar and blown turbos...... but no.. still runs at 0.5bar

How are the actuators on the turbos ? checked those ?

They are fine, the second set of turbos came with actuators as well and still the same problem...

both the turbos and actuators have been changed....

The cam belt has been changed and my flatmate is suggesting that who ever changed the belt may have put it on the wrong tooth on the exhaust cam.... which could lead to the exhaust valves closing too early....

Thats all he could think of, what do you guys think?

they would have to close late to bleed of the boost, think you are going to need to get it onto a dyno, watch the wate gate actuators to see when they are opening, see how boost is being made and check timing. its a strange one!

if base timing is wrong the engine will be sluggish, poor performance and probably wont make much boost

check with a timing light, should be 15deg base timing at idle, if the belt was fitted wrong, this would be a likely explanation