SAU Community

Garrett Gt3037 For Me?

hey guys

im in the process of swapping a new rb25 into my s2 r33, as i got low compression issues in current motor.

i have been doing some reading and ppl with similar setups to mine are making good power with the gt3037 turbo

i currently have a kkr430 that has shit itself (white smoke out the back - will never touch kkr again only had it for like 4 months) and im in the market for a new turbo. What other turbos would you's recommend for me? I have around $2500 max to spend, i don't wan't a crazy lag monster, but dont mind a bit of lag for a bit more top end.

my current setup is

splitfires

vipec ecu

bigger injectors (stock ones bored out to just under 500cc i believe)

walbro pump

i think thats the important things.. then fmic exhaust etc obviously.

any help greatly appreciated. i know i dont know much about this area of cars atm but am trying to learn as much as i can. thanks again.

I would say do your FMIC & Exhaust First, with a close second to the fuel pump. Then save up for the turbo, injectors and all that, have it all put in the same time to save on labor and tuning charges. Well that's what I'm doing, and my turbo choice would be a GT3076R, my aim is to get a reliable 250rwkw in my series 2 r33. Also maybe do a search, there are plenty of posts on here and other websites about turbos...just depends to how much you want to spend and what power figures you want.

I would say do your FMIC & Exhaust First, with a close second to the fuel pump. Then save up for the turbo, injectors and all that, have it all put in the same time to save on labor and tuning charges. Well that's what I'm doing, and my turbo choice would be a GT3076R, my aim is to get a reliable 250rwkw in my series 2 r33. Also maybe do a search, there are plenty of posts on here and other websites about turbos...just depends to how much you want to spend and what power figures you want.

This is what i will be looking into for a similar level... http://www.gcg.com.au/turbo/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=202 Pretty much a HKS GT2835 Pro S