Hoon

KEN-R34

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what was his car actually impounded for?

racing?

I havent heard about a loss of license for first offence under the anti hoon legislation.

I thought, for the first offence, the police officer who has sufficent evidence of the suspect committing a hoon offence, has the power to impound the vehicle for 48 hours without a court order.

On the second or subsequent offence, the court may then impound the vehicle for 3 months.

2 wrx racing, and yer it is a she not a he ;) -lost her car for 7days first offence

cops aparanyly kept asking what speeds they got up to as they didnt know, but on the summons to court says they were doing 40k's/h over..:S sooo bs. but yeah shes heading to the court date soon so we'll see if she loses her licence.

Edited by Char

They should actually have a medi-alert bracelet style thing.

It would say " Stupid from Birth : this person is unable to understand warnings or signs ". The bracelet would also be marked " DO NOT EAT "

In the very early days I heard the the Hoon Laws started off with a warning, with the next offence having the car impounded.

But I know personally, considering my car was impounded on its first reckless driving / hoon law offence.

Back when I got caught I wasn't made to pay any costs until proven guilty, however they have now changed this and you have to pay for the impound before you can drive away with your car.

If I had one of those banners, I would have stolen it. Would have been a nice sun shade screen.

btw, Kel wasn't convicted for her court case.

If they do this to your car, you can take them to court for discriminating against you. Why don't rapists have "rapist" tattooed on their head? So why should we have "HOON" on our car if we are caught doing something under the hoon laws whether it is a burnout or just something smaller?

hehe my mate at works seeing if his buddy who works at a professional printing company to make up a few for us so we can slap em on our bumpers and the back of his motorbike helmet :)

no i dont think you have to go to Court because excessive noise or smoke is a 3 demerit point infringement but you can have your car confiscated for it.

The only hoon offences you would need to go to Court over would be the ones for reckless/dangerous because they cannot be dealt with by infringement

hehe my mate at works seeing if his buddy who works at a professional printing company to make up a few for us so we can slap em on our bumpers and the back of his motorbike helmet ;)

Once you slap them on let us know.

I want too calculate how long its going too take for you too get pulled over for the reason Hoon is marked on your Car :)