SAU Community

Timing Belt Replacement?

lilcrash

ok i got my belt done today by dan at elite racing developments, here is what i got quoted and it is also what i ended up paying. he also picked up my car from my work and delivered it back for me to drive home. in my opionion that makes him a very nice mechanic, i recomend him highly.

The timing kit costs $280 (this includes Gates racing timing belt, cam and crank seals and both bearings [idler and tensioner]

New idler bolt is $5 (these are prone to breaking so best to replace it)

Water pump is $130 (timing belt has to come off to do the water pump anyway and I haven't seen an RB water pump last two rounds)

Coolant is $20

Labour is $231

once agian i recommend dan very highly

ok i got my belt done today by dan at elite racing developments, here is what i got quoted and it is also what i ended up paying. he also picked up my car from my work and delivered it back for me to drive home. in my opionion that makes him a very nice mechanic, i recomend him highly.

The timing kit costs $280 (this includes Gates racing timing belt, cam and crank seals and both bearings [idler and tensioner]

New idler bolt is $5 (these are prone to breaking so best to replace it)

Water pump is $130 (timing belt has to come off to do the water pump anyway and I haven't seen an RB water pump last two rounds)

Coolant is $20

Labour is $231

once agian i recommend dan very highly

Thats awesome to know.. :(

My Girl hasn't done 85 000 yet, But I'll prob get the timing belt done at around 90 000, Just incase her K's have been tinkered with coming from Japan (Better to be safe than sorry IMO)

I'll def look into this when the time gets closer!! :(

Edited by 83CKS