SAU Community

Questions About A New Computer For The V

hey jus a few quick questions.. im looking at updating my computer for the V35 coupe..

1st of all will a computer set up for a 350z work with a 03 V35 coupe Auto?

2nd where can a new computer be sourced?

3rd not looking for anything overly expensve a nice plug n play would be good which can be tuned and re-tuned..

4th any opinions/preferences and why?

the car has a full twin exhaust with extractors and cats, full air induction and plenum spacer..

any info would be of great help..

thanks in advance

kari

I think it will work but you may need to code the immobiliser to make it start-able.

The immobiliser code is the 4 digit on a metal plate in one of your keys. if you don't have it you're out of luck. pray that your existing key(s) never stop working/damaged/lost

you can buy from Nissan, cost very expensive of course

having an auto means ECU choice is basically very limited. probably the easiest is having an SAFC (piggy back computer) so you can somewhat tune your air/fuel ratio to a certain degree. it won't be as good as a replacement ECU but it is possible...

you should have bought a manual in the first place. Sell it and buy a manual, then you can easily get an Impul ECU, or PowerFC, etc.

I bought an auto cos I don't plan to modify, and the missus can drive it too.

yeah i've kind of grown fond of the auto somewhat..

i was thinking i will just go a piggyback..

i noticed haltech had a few which on there internet site were for a 04 350z.... im guessing will work on our cars?

is the imobiliser only armed when the lock/unlock is used on the stndard key.. as i have an aftermarket alarm system (mongoose M80) which has its own 3pt immobiliser.. so im assuming the standard immobiliser has been dealt with? (or not :S).. or is the standard immobiliser disarmed when the key is inserted into the ignition?

if i were to go with a piggyback would this avoid all issues with the immobiliser?

thanks for all the help, sorry if i seem like abit of a dimwit when it comes to this as i havent dealt with ECU's before...

kari

no idea. ask the person who did your immobiliser.

mine is aftermarket 3pt immobiliser, the factory FOB key still work but it will not arm the alarm.

the FOB key has a transponder in it that transmit code to a receiver in your key barrel. if the code matches to the code programmed on your ECU, it will start the car. if not the engine will turn a bit but won't start. so even if you have an aftermarket 3pt immobiliser, the ECU code and your key is a different thing to program, nothing to do with the aftermarket immobiliser. so it's an immobiliser within immobiliser, or a secondary immobiliser thing. very complicated.

piggy back like SAFC only taps onto your a/f signal so nothing to do with immobiliser.

no idea about Haltech, etc. i'm no expert on ECU, i'm just about as dimwit as you are