SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

The only real problem I've ever found with them (overheating wise) is if you use aftermarket seals. Then they leak oil, and then get too hot because they don't have enough oil to keep them cool.

Insufficent lubrication. Never good.

GL to you john but all my years of not owning an aircooled engine built for northern european climate only convinced me I did the right thing by avoiding them.

I dont think I ever saw one that wasnt either just rebuilt or needed rebuilding.

spoken like a true skeptic there Noel :domokun:

if unloved and just trashed any car is terrible. with a little love and some extra oil they are quite happy cruising around in the heat. plus a basic long block rebuild costs less than 1400 bucks, thats a win :cheers:

as for the rotary idea, that was/is still my plan for when i ever break my VW motor (as it will never be a daily...or need to be overly reliable again). and supercharged ones hanging out the back of a low bug does look pretty phat.

post-62717-0-20148900-1318836347_thumb.jpg

Spoken like a true "i've never owned a vw, but i've heard others complain about them, so i'll make the same complaints" man. A close relative of the "i've never owned a 300z, but i hear things about engine removals..." man.

Spoken like a true "i've never owned a vw, but i've heard others complain about them, so i'll make the same complaints" man. A close relative of the "i've never owned a 300z, but i hear things about engine removals..." man.

You're cluless John, Have i owned one, Hell no. too smart for that but i bet there have been more of the f**ken things in my family than you've probbly even seen. From stock woosty's to fastbacks to manx buggys. The buggy was a tunna fun till we flipped it with 8 blokes hangin off it.

If you want to nurse them around they are fine to a point but they will never outlive a watercooled engine in a tropical clime.

You start moddin the fokkas and they're more trouble than a rb.

You're cluless John, Have i owned one, Hell no. too smart for that but i bet there have been more of the f**ken things in my family than you've probbly even seen. From stock woosty's to fastbacks to manx buggys. The buggy was a tunna fun till we flipped it with 8 blokes hangin off it.

If you want to nurse them around they are fine to a point but they will never outlive a watercooled engine in a tropical clime.

You start moddin the fokkas and they're more trouble than a rb.

Farkin righto, calm down... jesus.