SAU Community

Terios hits 131.8 at SAS

Guest Daihatsu_Dude

Guest Daihatsu_Dude

For one 12'' 500W Clarion sub, 131.8 db was not bad for street 1-2 at SAS. The www.caraudioaustralia.com boyz were happy with what it got. We are designing a new box and hopefully we can hit the high 130's.

Guest medion

Why would you want a road driven car that goes faster than 110??

Do you go to the Northern Territory often?

See any simarlarities?

Guest [ryan]

SPL is mad, sittin in daniels swift with like 140db of bass in ya ears is an awesome experience

low bass rocks too, u feel it more than u hear it :)

if it was 140db of treble im sure i would feel lots of pain in my ears, but for some reason bass doesnt affect them :)

not bad miles, make a larger ported box for it maybe with slot ports or something perhaps you could make 135+

See any simarlarities?[/quote:81acd89f9a]

valid point but a stupid comparison. sorry don't mean to be rude but it is a silly comparison.

you are comparing the speed of a car to the db of a sound system.

CAR- you strive for a good top speed and in the process you get a relatively fast bottom end. you enjoy your bottom end due to the higher top end and you make use of both whenever and where ever possible.

SYSTEM- you strive for more db and you don't get more quality at lower db relative to your peak db. you can't use your peak as you will go deaf in the process so you are left with a system that has no complete use other than to show off or win awards. same thing if you ask me.

i don't know, i might sound silly myself but this is my 2c's

Guest [ryan]

George, All depends on who you are and what you like. Some people like Sound Quality, Some people like SPL, and don't care about the quality. Just like some people prefer rice over performance, for example. All comes down to user preference basically. SPL is harder to acheive than you think, it's not as simple as chucking in a big amp and big sub into a car. Alot of work and factors come into play when you're trying to acheive big SPL. You have to play with different boxes, different box positions, different porting techniques. There are other factors, but i'm no SPL expert and won't bother getting into all of that. It's just the same as getting more power out of a car - sometimes it's not as simple as it seems. You can't just bolt on a T88 and blast 2bar+ into the engine, more factors come into play. See my point?

to each their own ryan. i have no problem with anyone spending their hard earned cash on a system or a gaybrush as you put it for example.

i like my music dude, more than you might think after reading my comments on this thread but i still can't warrant a 140db system. that's just like paying for the blood to flow out of your ears.

besides, you know me, performance always comes before image.

Guest [ryan]

Eh, not all systems are 140db :)

120db is louder than you think, 140db is f**ken loud. But yeah like you said, Each to their own. I would prefer to spend a bit of money on performance, bit on looks, and a bit on a nice Sound Quality system, I prefer to enjoy listening to the music rather than be able to gloat about its db rating, but thats me. :)

It's all good :)

Guest Daihatsu_Dude

See any simarlarities?[/quote:80a18c166f]

Very Much Agree Dion, Photos of the Terios @ Sas are up now, goto www.froggy.com.au/nissan and follow the Sydney Auto Salon Link!!

Guest Daihatsu_Dude
"]SPL is mad, sittin in daniels swift with like 140db of bass in ya ears is an awesome experience

low bass rocks too, u feel it more than u hear it :)

if it was 140db of treble im sure i would feel lots of pain in my ears, but for some reason bass doesnt affect them :)

not bad miles, make a larger ported box for it maybe with slot ports or something perhaps you could make 135+[/quote:6b86bff7a6]

Thanks for the feedback Ryan, I would not say that I have the best system, but my result impressed a few people that day and my self. Since then I have had a new box made up with thanks to Oscar and im planning to get a 4CHN Jaycar AMP for more power, so when I goto my next SPL day or event, I can hopefully hit them high 130.0's