SAU Community

Any Suggestion For R34 Alarm?

Obelisk

Hi everyone,

I'm going to have a R34 these days and currently looking for a good alarm for it.

It has to have these functions:

1. remote engine start

2. turbo timer function

3. automatic window closing when I turn off the car (maybe optional...)

4. everything else a reliable alrm should have...... (have to...)

5. not more than $500 include install (have to...)

I was told mongoose M80 meet almost of them, also autowatch is good as well. Is there anyone can give me suggestions???

BTW I'm in SA.

Thanx for helping me guys!

Edited by Obelisk

Mongoose M80 are really good alarms i have one in my R33 Installed myself and i have a window lift modual and added on to it and a pager module added onto it aswell and never had any problems, the New ones now come with turbo timer built into it so that saves you some cash on haveing to by an aftermarket turbo timer, and as for remote start its not really recomended cause they an cause all kinda of problems with you insurence and saftey i have heard some story's of people getting hit by a car that has remote start in it. But deffiently look into a Mongoose M80-au or the M80-MU (i think its mu its the one with microwave sensors in it), if you get it with window lift module you will probs be looking at the $700 Fitted mark as the alarm itself comes in at about $599 fitted with the window module at around $100 addon and and thigns like that

Mongoose M80 are really good alarms i have one in my R33 Installed myself and i have a window lift modual and added on to it and a pager module added onto it aswell and never had any problems, the New ones now come with turbo timer built into it so that saves you some cash on haveing to by an aftermarket turbo timer, and as for remote start its not really recomended cause they an cause all kinda of problems with you insurence and saftey i have heard some story's of people getting hit by a car that has remote start in it. But deffiently look into a Mongoose M80-au or the M80-MU (i think its mu its the one with microwave sensors in it), if you get it with window lift module you will probs be looking at the $700 Fitted mark as the alarm itself comes in at about $599 fitted with the window module at around $100 addon and and thigns like that

Hi mate, thanx for u reply! I have heard M60 before as well, do u know any differents between M60 and M80?

i havnt delt much with the m60's but if you goto www.mongoose.com.au it will give you all the info on them and functions they do and do not do. from memory i think the m60 only has 2 points of immobilisation were the m80 has 3.