SAU Community

Wtb! Vct Solenoid Rb25det Neo

S14MARKSR

hey guys, been a looong time since ive posted up on here mainly cause i dont live over in Australia. Well ive got an RB25DET NEO in my S chassis "240sx" here in the US, and i am in need of a replacement VCT (variable cam timing) solenoid. right now its leaking oil thru the connector and causing the car to run like crap..These engines were never sold over here so you can imagine trying to source one of these parts is not exactly easy. I would very much appreciate if anyone on here could help me out. i wouldnt even mind getting brand new one from the dealer. If one of you guys could check into that ii would be very greatful. i know im not a very big participant on this forum and for that im sorry, but I am a fellow RB owner and I am in need of some help.

thanks in advance everyone

Mark

afaik r33 ones are the samd just different plugs which are easy to get

thanks for teh quick response, i honestly dont know what the R33 version looks like...would you happen to have a picture of it ? i have seen the VCT solenoid in my car , i have removed and have seen the entire peice without it installed in the engine. if i could see a complete picture of the VCT solenoid without it in the head it would give me a good idea if it will in fact work. not that i dont trust you at all but i have heard thru numerous people that they are in fact different. i just would like to be sure is all.

thanks for teh quick response, i honestly dont know what the R33 version looks like...would you happen to have a picture of it ? i have seen the VCT solenoid in my car , i have removed and have seen the entire peice without it installed in the engine. if i could see a complete picture of the VCT solenoid without it in the head it would give me a good idea if it will in fact work. not that i dont trust you at all but i have heard thru numerous people that they are in fact different. i just would like to be sure is all.

anybody?!?!