SAU Community

R33 Bumper Fitment

dazgib

Hi,

I have a white R33 Spec 1 RB20e. I have sourced a spec 2 bumper for it in white.

I have a picture of a Spec 1 with a Spec 2 front bumper and I know the headlights of a Spec 1 will sit out a bit over the Spec 2 bonnet - I dont mind this.

However, what I need to know is will the Spec 2 bumper go straight onto the Spec 1 car - ie. how will I mount it

and the other thing is - will the loom thats present on my car for the Spec 1 bumper, match up with the front indicators/spots on the Spec 2 bumper.

Thanks a million

Daz

Hi,

I have a white R33 Spec 1 RB20e. I have sourced a spec 2 bumper for it in white.

I have a picture of a Spec 1 with a Spec 2 front bumper and I know the headlights of a Spec 1 will sit out a bit over the Spec 2 bonnet - I dont mind this.

However, what I need to know is will the Spec 2 bumper go straight onto the Spec 1 car - ie. how will I mount it

and the other thing is - will the loom thats present on my car for the Spec 1 bumper, match up with the front indicators/spots on the Spec 2 bumper.

Thanks a million

Daz

Anyone know anything on this?

The Spec 2 front bar will fit on a Spec 1. The headlights will stick out over the front bar slightly.

If you have a Spec 1 reinforcement bar (reo), it will not "Bolt on" the indicator/foglight assembly will foul on the reo.

You will need to modify the reo or source a Spec 2 Reo.

I cant remember if it was a direct plug in.. I think the indicators will. My Spec 1 did not have a factory fog light so I bought a Generic kit from autobarn.

Thanks for the reply J.

Yeah, I have a Spec 1 reinforcemant bar. Do you know what sort of work would have to be done to the reinforcemant bar to enable me too fit the bumper on and how would I go about bolting it on to the car?

Im not very good with working with bodywork.

I think my loom has the wiring for the spots and the indicators.well I hope so :)