SAU Community

A31 Steering Rack

VRdrift

Not 100% though.

The actuall rack bolts to the engine xmember, but the flairs on the lines that bolt into the rack.

I used a feed line off a ca18 silvia and the return was sr20 s13. Had to tweak the lines abit, its not exactly good looking but it works :happy:

• 2 years later...

Being front wheel drive i wouldn't think they would fit , r32/s13 are a direct replacement in memory , watch out for hicas and non hicas too , pretty sure they were different

Hi Toffy

Thank you for your immediate response very much appreciated. Looking at your response, as what I have understand that r32/s13 is better for replace/change for A31 is it correct toffy?. This HIcas and Non Hicas does it matter? Which is better to use Hicas or the Non Hicas?

By the way, what type of car mostly uses r32/s13 rack?

Edited by vergaragerard

In my vague memory of last time i went hunting for a steering rack , they are all the same except for where the lines bolt into the rack . A very common conversion is to put an s14 steering rack in . Last time i put an s13 rack in my non hicas c33 (which are the same as cefiro) . However , i tried to fit the pressure line from a non hicas cefiro onto a non hicas r32 , the entry point of the line into the rack was different . Going from what i've been told , hicas racks have extra lines for the four wheel steering . I hope this helps :)