SAU Community

Concerning Sound

Chris34

Last week I had a megasonic BOV fitted and I also put on an apexi power intake pod filter myself on the same day.

BOV sounds nice (despite only running stock psi), and of course the pod has makes a nice induction noise. Car runs smoothly and fine as it did before these 2 mods were made. However, after I change gears, a loud and distinct pop/bang sound is made about 1 or 2 seconds after the BOV goes off. The popping sound sounds like it's coming from somewhere in the exhaust system (judging from what I'm hearing, I assume it's somewhere just after the cat). It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen at least 2 or 3 times when I'm driving.

Just need to know if this is to be anything to be concerned about. If it's causing any harm or damage internally and is it something I should get attended to straight away?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been posted already!

A mate of mine had this same problem with his 200sx. Maybe try adjusting trhe bov tighter. It may be dumping too much air and then running rich for a second, and the rich mixture ignites in the exhaust. causing the pop. Someone else may be able to explane this a little bit better but i think that would be your problem.