SAU Community

Anyone Heard Of Osaka Performance Imports

Banksia

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you found them ? where are they based in Australia ?

FOUND THEM DOING A RANDOM SERACH ON GOOGLE

I EMAILED THEM AND I FIND TO FIND OUT MORE

YOU HAVE TO PAY 20% DEPOSIT FOR A CAR YOU WANT TO BUY, THEY ADVERTISE THE CARS ON THEIR WEBSITE

BUT THE WEIRD THING IS THAT THE CARS THEY ADVERTISE ON THEIR SITE THEY DONT HAVE, ITS ALL THROUGH AUCTION??

AND IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND AND DONT THEM TO LOOK YOU DONT GET YOUR DEPOSIT BACK

HMMMMMM

They look legit to me. Looks like a private import who has just started a site up but not having an ABN and only a mobile phone number wont given anyone much confidence in them. Its a bit strange that they dont have an ABN, they definitely need one by law.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4934...4707&ref=mf

Edited by BigWillieStyles

They do have an ABN:

ABN: 46 372 838 328

Entity name:

BUTROS, MENA

Trading name:

Osaka Performance Imports

All that is a personal ABN you get if you want a second job, until they comply with the fair trading laws and Motor Dealers Regulation 2004 in NSW they are not able to Broker cars as per stated else were or below.

Motor vehicle consultant licence

Allows you to advise others about where they can purchase a particular vehicle. A motor vehicle consultant cannot be a party to the sale of any particular vehicle.

And as you can see below Brokering a car from Japan isn't excluded in NSW.

Exempted vehicles

You are not required to hold a licence under the Motor Dealers Act 1974 if your business is conducted only in relation to buying, selling or exchanging the following:

* cranes, hoists or conveyors, as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000

* motor vehicles or second-hand motor cycles (not including new motor cycles) that are incapable of being registered in NSW

* motor vehicles which comprise an excavator, road grader, road roller, bulldozer, fork lift truck or other equipment other than a tractor and which is not constructed on a chassis of a type normally used in the construction of a motor lorry

* motor vehicles constructed or adapted for road construction or maintenance, including cleansing, sweeping or watering roads

* trailers that have a tare weight of 250 kg or less.

• 2 weeks later...

I vouch for the owner of the company and although the company is new it stands by their customers im sure Mena would be more than happy to answer any questions in regards to any of his stock as his helped me in the past with items ive purchased in the past. Please leave speculations aside until you have dealt with the shop there is no point putting opinions forward unless you have had experience for better or worse

Edited by Hiroshima Screamer