SAU Community

Some general questions..

leech_

Hey guys signed up a while ago just to chekc whats going on in the skyline world and now i will actually have the money to get one around march/april. Anyways just wondering if you guys could give me a tip on what i should be expecting to get for my little money :D

i will be looking to spend around $17000 - $20000 preferably a R33.

i guess the big question is am i dreaming i was thinking for this much i may be able to get a 95ish R33 GTS 2.5L single turbo. what do these things pull in stock form ??? and do others have any suggestions...

hope this sort of question hasent been asked to much already.

cheers Leigh

Around $20k should get you a 95 model with a few mods like exhaust, wheels, bleed valve or boost controller, maybe fmic, etc.

Stock you should be able to get mid to high 14's.

That's about right for a series 1 R33. I've seen S2 R33s at that price too, though. Skyline prices are really hard to judge though as most are modified so can bump the prices up or down by a few $1000 (and of course like any other car the condition it is in makes a difference too). In stock form, which is surprisingly rare, a 6.2s 0-100 and a 14.2s 1/4 is possible with good tyres and a perfect run. A few mods and you're into the 13s fairly easily.

thanks for the feedback guys i have alot of reading to do to catch up hehe yea i am not after a heavily modified skyline due to the age but i figure a zaust, filter and fmic would be probably all i would after to start with then take it from their when i learn more... i know virtually nothing about turbo cars having come from an N/A so yea big learning curve. are their any particular skyline sites or general sites anyone recomends ???

Thanks again Leigh

One thing that annoys me about Geoff Risbey is the fact that he doesn't include the prices of tyres or rego and stamp duty. Sure these things vary, but he could at least put the MINIMUM amount that they will be. People that have $16k might think they can afford a car which Geoff says will be on the road for $15700 but there's no way they'll do it for that price.

He even says on every listing "normal licensing costs for any vehicle" so why not include at least a rough idea of how much they are?

Still, $18k for that R33 is a pretty good price.

zymotic ,

hey dude yea that is pretty much exactly what i am after except maybe with a zorst perfect price too :D dang you got a sunroof too hehe i want one once you have a sunroof you never go back first car datsun 260z with a sunroof second car/current N14 sss jap spec sunroof hehe next car hopefully a sunroof :)

so yea good to know that their are cars out their at a good price range :D

zymotic ,

hey dude yea that is pretty much exactly what i am after except maybe with a zorst perfect price too :D dang you got a sunroof too hehe i want one once you have a sunroof you never go back first car datsun 260z with a sunroof second car/current N14 sss jap spec sunroof hehe next car hopefully a sunroof :)

so yea good to know that their are cars out their at a good price range  :D

Yea u can do ok importing but I would add on at least $2k to prestiges prices. Geoff was good to me and I can recommend them, but you have to do your research and realise that their price does not include all on road costs in your state.

If you are after stockish car then importing is ok. Even mildly mod cars can be expensive due to removing all mods for RAWS compliance then adding them later - can be 1000's extra.

Getting it standard at that ok price means i have cash left for tints, alarm, insurance. Just about to buy front/dump and cat from BATMBL on these forums as first mod. Yea so if afta stock car import can be good value for $. Bit like shares higher risk but possibility of higher return. $ saved can always go on mods fitted in Aus to your own specs not someone elses. Horses for Courses.

one last final question then i will be quite in terms of the R33 what models were released as i am seeing alot of M and T's etc the ones i thought were out their are

GTR

GTS

now is their also the following

GTR-M

GTS-T

GTS-S

??? am i missing any more also is these just like luxery edition and standard etc ???