SAU Community

R32 Leather Steering Wheel Restoration

The leather on my steering wheel was looking worn and started to show white marks underneath ,i never used any vinyl oil products as these just make a mess and hide marks for a while , so i cleaned all the sweat and grime off of it and put a thick layer of black boot polish on it , gave it a buff and then put some leather protector on , looks alright for a 20 year old wheel and still grippy as !!!!!

post-68456-1259928148_thumb.jpg

Give it 6 months, sweat and heat will dissapate the leather protectant as it is sillicone based and you will notice the wheel getting worse than it actually will.

I should know, I repair wheels for a living, click my link in my sig.

Goodluck!

Give it 6 months, sweat and heat will dissapate the leather protectant as it is sillicone based and you will notice the wheel getting worse than it actually will.

Goodluck!

your handywork looks great :) , my original wheel got stolen when shipped from japan , i really eventually need new coverings on the one i got now ,my car has only can you do black leather with red stitching - steering wheel, handbrake boot, gear boot , glove box lid cover. cheers heaps , pm some prices!!!!!

Goodluck!

come on give me some prices then , too much talk ! seamstress