SAU Community

Vipec Ecu

32vspec2gtr

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the vipec ecu's and how well they preform. I'm looking at installing one in my 32 gtr vspec 2 and mark from godzilla motorsport suggested it, so i'm going with him on that as it about the only thing i don't have some idea about. but i would love to hear from someone whos got one install or has some info on them.

Thanks guys and girls :D

Thanks Greg for the pm. So if you have to use the wasted spark setup does that mean that you need a new coil pack harness? In this case could i switch to a hks twin power unit and run it off that maybe? don't know much the twin power and how its setup either. if anyone knows please help.

Cheers

By the way can't pm yet, not enough posts apparently :thumbsup:

Thanks again Greg.

I had another look on the net and found a random forum talking about the vipec v88 and it apparently has 8 output ignition drives. Wouldn't this mean that it should be able to run the 6 coilpacks? The boost setup and ablity to run different levels of boosts in different gears would be good for lauching, especially with the lauch control as well. The Duel fuel map would come in handy as well. Still don't know much about the twin power systems but. Might try to research these some more

:cool: thanks for your help

I am running the V66 or as they call it "skyline plug in" on my R33 gtr, hasnt missed a beat, they have a fair few features and mark knows what hes doing with them.

they pull out standard ecu and replace the internals with the vipec mother board, plus straight back into the stock position and looks stock, if u are drag or circuit racing and have alot of power and a larger set up, id probably go with the V88 but its a wire in job, not plug in. but has alot more features that might be useful to you if you do either of these things.

Cheers

Darren

Thanks Darren,

I didn't even know there were more types of units. I've only heard of the v44 and v88. Think I'll have to have a good chat to Mark when I take the car in. At the moment its pretty stock and got a few goodies to go on at the same time. But in saying that I'm hoping to rebuild the engine with bigger turbos and try to run at least 10's as well as keep it a street car for the weekends of fun :cool:.

Cheers Matt

Yeah i could see that the price would be a fair bit more. I only thought there were the 2 systems and that only one worked on the skyline. but now i know better. Thanks again Greg, you've been a great help mate.

Matt

well if u discuss what your goals are with mark concerning the car im sure he will point you in the right direction with what ecu to get. for me there was no need to go V88 as im not planning on using half the features that it can provide, so for me it was not worth the extra money.

• 2 weeks later...

Not at all man :) If you click on the EFI Performance.com part in my Signature itl take you to a write up on my car :D

Ive got a new front mount gettin fitted up on Thursday! Going to push the boost up to around 18psi and hope for about 400rwhp :D Cant wait

Love the way your car sits Danski! looks sweet on the rims.

So i take it that power figure was with the bigger single and the fuel and intake mods. Looks like you got a good package going and is only going to get better!

I'm going to try and keep the twin setup to maximise boost response but at yours at 3800rpm at full boost is pretty impressive

Cheers for your time

Love the way your car sits Danski! looks sweet on the rims.

So i take it that power figure was with the bigger single and the fuel and intake mods. Looks like you got a good package going and is only going to get better!

I'm going to try and keep the twin setup to maximise boost response but at yours at 3800rpm at full boost is pretty impressive

Cheers for your time

Yeah man its great fun to drive ;)

No prob let me know if you want to know anything else :)

Thanks again Danski.

As for Bunta, I recently was quoted around the 2500 mark but can't really remember the actual amount. This was through Mark at godzilla motorsports and was fully installed and tuned on thier dyno. However I have led to believe that the best people to do this now adays is Murcury Motorsport and this is where I will most probably be taking my gtr. If you want more info on why pm me. Cheers Matt

Thanks again Danski.

As for Bunta, I recently was quoted around the 2500 mark but can't really remember the actual amount. This was through Mark at godzilla motorsports and was fully installed and tuned on thier dyno. However I have led to believe that the best people to do this now adays is Murcury Motorsport and this is where I will most probably be taking my gtr. If you want more info on why pm me. Cheers Matt

Thanks mate! I have a tuner in mind so thats cool, and would probably install it myself too. I wonder who the distributers are?

Thanks mate! I have a tuner in mind so thats cool, and would probably install it myself too. I wonder who the distributers are?

There are a few people who can get there hands on them, godzilla motorsport and murcury i know both can get there hands on them.

The Vipec V88 series can be compared to the Motec M4-800 series, a very good ecu and a good tuner and you should have one hell of a car :)

Thanks mate. Pretty sure this is going to be the ecu i'm going to use. Should be good to finally have it in and see what it can do :P

hopefully have the car in next week