SAU Community

Too big a fuel pump???

gtstii

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aiming for 250-280rwkw in a R33 gtst. (currently got around 200rwkw)

Will the R32 GTR fuel pump be good enough for this goal?

Is $125 a good price for a 2nd hand one?

thnx.

Currently have 265 rwkw using GTR pump, so should be OK.

Ok price:cheers:

at what point on a gts-t will the fuel pump need to be upgraded, and from there the injectors and regulator ???

i was wondering the same thing actually...benm said they are good for 300bhp or approx 180rwkw when this thread was started way back in the day...

i originally thought it was closer to 200rwkw or thereabouts many go over 180rwkw with the stock gtst pump and still get enough fuel...Could people with experience in this matter please confirm for me as currently with the 180rwkw fuel pump limit it means i will be close to or on the limit next week when it gets tuned for some more power. Just wondering if i should start thinking new fuel pump??

i was wondering the same thing actually...benm said they are good for 300bhp or approx 180rwkw when this thread was started way back in the day...

i originally thought it was closer to 200rwkw or thereabouts many go over 180rwkw with the stock gtst pump and still get enough fuel...Could people with experience in this matter please confirm for me as currently with the 180rwkw fuel pump limit it means i will be close to or on the limit next week when it gets tuned for some more power. Just wondering if i should start thinking new fuel pump??

There is no absolute answer, it's not like a light switch, OK at 180 rwkw and not OK at 181 rwkw. It depends on soooooo many factors, how clean is the fuel filter, what voltage is the fuel pump seeing (do you have a big stereo that sucks power and lowers the voltage), have you improved the efficiency (cams for example) that mean you get more power out of each molecule of fuel, how good is the ring to bore seal, are the injectors clean )hows there spray pattern), how efficient is the turbo, the intercooler, the exhaust etc etc

So some people get 200 rwkw and some don't, and that's as good an answer as I can give:cheers:

Hi gtsii

I recently purchased a 044 for $360 brand new COD from an advertiser in these forums.

We installed it intank which was a bugger of a job - if I did it again I'd seriously consider mounting it externally - so much easier but I'm unsure on the legalities.

Make sure you install the check valve also as we didn't and it takes two clicks of the key to prime the fuel system enough to start in the morning.

It's nice and quiet though - certainly worth doing the job once and properly. Petrol stinks.

Good luck!

Glen

same reason i like the gtr pumps, straight fit and are quieter than the bosch's.  

You can get them second hand or there's a place in Vic which sells them brand new for $440 each. I'm getting one and I think if we were to get them together we might be able to get them cheaper.

pm me if interested! :)

• 5 months later...