SAU Community

R33 Series 1 Owners, Steering Wheel.

DarkRB

Hey all,

Just wondering what steering wheels you guys have on your series 1 r33's, tried to fit a r33 series 2 wheel and it did not fit because of hicas.

Pictures and suggestions please.

Trying to keep it legal, but open to suggestions.

Thanks In Advance.

I thought the only rule was, that if your steering wheel had an airbag standard, then if you changed it to an aftermarket steering wheel that would have to have an airbag as well.

It would make sense for the steering wheel to be padded too, but I'm not sure on that law. Think of it this way, do you want to be driving around the streets with a wooden or metal steering kinda wheel? I wouldn't.

I know how you feel though, the s1 steering wheel is ugly... I'm assuming thats why you want to change it?

i have a after market on atm but its not legal because the owner before me put a stupid shape one on.

and the series 1 steering wheel kinda makes me want to vomit.

plus i'm fed up with defects, i dont want to have to deal with it anymore.

thanks for you help tho dude,

any other suggestions people?

Edited by DarkRB

i've had an aftermarket one on for almost 6 years, but recently learned it was illegal. with the strict police in victoria i've been doing my best to make my car legal in the past few months. i had my original steering wheel that was still in the garage upholstered with new leather to match the colors of my door trims and seats, and the middle padded non airbag series 1 horn section i took to Daniel Power powerstudios.com.au to have airbrushed to match it all together with the dash and car too..

it's going to look great, but i dont have it back yet. when i do i'll post a pic. it's relatively cheap if you compare it to aftermarket wheels, plus boss kits etc, works out similar. the leather before i dropped it off to daniel looked amazing! that's probably the best suggestion i have for ya, cheers