SAU Community

R33 Climate Control knocking PLZ help!

ABuSD

Hello predetor. Yes i do wona fix, i fkn hate that sound and sick of punching the **** out of the dash hoping it stops. OK so you have this part called the 'heater box', if you are mega positive that the noise will stop, then yes I will definetly buy it. How big is the part and how much is shipping, as I am located in melbourne, I am going to get it installed for free from my mechanic, so not a problem.

Is it doing it all the time, or just when you start up the climate control or make a change to the settings??

It must be major if its that annoying. Some only do it a tiny bit, and it never worries me that much. I have the relays, which are basically motors which open the vents when you turn up or down the temperature to mix the aircon and heating. Its the sound of them trying to open, and slipping and hence the ticking. There are three of them which control each of the different vents.

I can take the ones off shown and can send them to you for $30, let me know via PM.

Jeez, you guys have inspired me again...

If my air-con made this noise then it would be "faulty" or not "fully functional" wouldn't it????

Wooo-hooo! I can ad that to my list when i give the DOFT my letter :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

mmmmm those relay motors are not usually cheap, i had the same prob and ended up buying a second hand one from just japs for over $100 from memory... Fitting it was a task, apparently it is an extremely common prob!

its that poofter on the top of the box that does it....i have repaired one of them once...i think the gears strip out on one side inside the mechanism......the motor rotates but it doesnt use all the gear so you can take the little gear off and spin it around a bit......but you have to take the dash out to do this....about 1 hour out...1 hour back in...

Stepper motor not relay!!! relay annoying!!

Mine does it too but I can't fault the operation of the climate control.

I hardly ever hear it, Thanks remote start!

and if i tried to remove my dash it would take forever because of the insane alarm and tracking wiring!

So in short install remote engine start and you will hardly ever hear the stupid clicking noise!:D

I very well may, think my alarm sh|t itself, might as ewll get a new one wif remote start and auto window winder thingy when it arms.

Thanks heaps guys!

you will need a spare thousand dollars to get a name brand alarm that does that :)

mmmmm those relay motors are not usually cheap, i had the same prob and ended up buying a second hand one from just japs for over $100 from memory... Fitting it was a task, apparently it is an extremely common prob!

motor/relay/doova/whatever... $100 ?!! I've still got all 3 of them sitting here, the guy who said he would take them never got back to me.. PM an offer if you want it.

• 5 months later...