SAU Community

Paypal

syfon

Hi all,

First off - mods please move to correct section if need be.

Guys, I have a potential purchaser for my car who is in the Eastern States. To cut a long story short, they said they are in the navy and do not have access to internet banking, however their bank account is linked to their PayPal account.

Now they have advised me they wish to purchase my car for $24,000 which I am happy with, and that they want to pay via PayPal. I have a PayPal account with my bank account details linked to it.

Basically, I want to know if anyone here has ever used to PayPal to receive a large sum of money and if so, has everything gone smoothly?

I emailed back the potential purchaser and advised that if I do go ahead, I will not let the vehicle leave my driveway until the full amount of the funds have been cleared from PayPal and transferred directly into my bank account where I can access those funds.

Any help?

Cheers,

Jace.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Its a scam.

Me and my dad who both have cars on carsales for sale got identical texts from them.

Paypal will show up some money and you need to put a deposit down to get it. Of course when you put your deposit down, the money disappears.

Edited by Ten Four

It's a scam, stay well away.

They pay the money through paypal, take the car then lodge a claim with paypal immediately saying it isn't as described etc and you get caught in a huge wrangle and paypal takes the buyers side and well you lose out.

Happened to a customer who was selling his car recently on carsales. Search google and you will find a lot of info on it and people getting stung.

Be careful

yea, its a scam jason. I personally didnt get this email when i sold my car. But my brother and a few friends did when they sold theirs. Report the guy to carsales.

Its happened before.

prob not the best place for youtube link but i had a friend whom fell for it and they are now under 12k

so under the circumstances its a good watch , big eye opener..

after watching that i wouldnt buy or sell anything for large amounts of money over the net.

Tell them to set up internet banking, it's very easy. Have heard of many paypal scams were people claim to be overseas and on offshore rigs. Would be very careful with the whole transaction.

Haha i just checked on google and found this website, http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...fm/1340763.html, which i received an email enquiry about my car almost EXACTLY the same as this!

Just for the fun of it, I emailed him back saying "If your agent is coming to pick up the car for transport, is he able to pay me cash for the car on your behalf? If so, then I am willing to drop the price by a further $500.00.".

I just want to see if i get an email back and what it says.