SAU Community

Our New " Sports Waghoon" R36 Passat.

msports180

I havnt left the sports wagon market behind completey, this is the new family taxi... My stagea made way for a GU patrol and just got this for the MRS and her old 34 is now the toy.

Its a 2008 VW Passat R36, has a 3.6ltr V6 with AWD and 6 speed DSG box. Basically the same size outside as the stagea but heaps more room inside. First euro car we have ever owned, keep finding new things it does.

It hasnt stopped raining the last few days so its a bit dirty in the pic.

I loved the whole stagea concept so when we saw these we jumped at it.

post-11869-1275274870_thumb.jpg

post-11869-1275274884_thumb.jpg

Those plate's used to be on the MRS 34 to, i think its her way of keeping me out of it...

Im loving the flappy paddle's lol. So much better then the tiptronic in the 34.

So for my own curiosity - what made you choose this over an M35?

Looks?

We wanted something newer with warranty and local back up. We live 2 and 1/2 hr's from Perth, and no one locally like's anything to do with imports unless you wana pay through the nose.

Also wanted something as safe as possible for the family, and these are 5 star safety.

We wanted something newer with warranty and local back up. We live 2 and 1/2 hr's from Perth, and no one locally like's anything to do with imports unless you wana pay through the nose.

Also wanted something as safe as possible for the family, and these are 5 star safety.

Fair enough.

It's interesting going from jap to euro (I went Delica -> BMW -> Stagea). They put emphasis on different things...not necessarily better or worse...just different.

It looks great. enjoy! :D