SAU Community

New Adelaide Stagea

C34Stag

Hi guys,

Just took delivery of my '99 C34 Stagea from Nagoya Motors yesterday. Absolutely stoked with what I received, its pearl white with just a few little scratches and scuffs, hardly anything noticeable. The car is currently registered in NSW, so I'm going to have to take it through Regency for an ID check. Its currently running with a pod filter and turbo timer which I think were removed for compliancing then put back onto the car. Does anyone know if this will be an issue for an ID check?

Andy

Hi guys,

Just took delivery of my '99 C34 Stagea from Nagoya Motors yesterday. Absolutely stoked with what I received, its pearl white with just a few little scratches and scuffs, hardly anything noticeable. The car is currently registered in NSW, so I'm going to have to take it through Regency for an ID check. Its currently running with a pod filter and turbo timer which I think were removed for compliancing then put back onto the car. Does anyone know if this will be an issue for an ID check?

Andy

I purchased both my stageas (97 series 1 and 2000 series 2) from Nagoya Motors too. Both were run thru Regency for an ID inspection. My series one had a turbo timer (I didn't know about) and a pod filter. Pod filter was secured and I had no problems getting the ID check done. Was only a week or so later I stumbled upon the TT, which Regency obviously didn't go looking for.

Did you fly over and drive it back? I did with my black S2. Or did you get it delivered to you?

In any case, remove the TT if you can and ensure the pod is secured. You should have no problems at all.

:yes:

Also, when you can, get a free flowing exhaust on it. For compliancing I noticed Nagoya took my Nismo system off and fitted some stock system with a very restrictive dump pipe to the cat.

Coming out on the next Stagea Cruise then? :thanks:

I purchased both my stageas (97 series 1 and 2000 series 2) from Nagoya Motors too. Both were run thru Regency for an ID inspection. My series one had a turbo timer (I didn't know about) and a pod filter. Pod filter was secured and I had no problems getting the ID check done. Was only a week or so later I stumbled upon the TT, which Regency obviously didn't go looking for.

Did you fly over and drive it back? I did with my black S2. Or did you get it delivered to you?

In any case, remove the TT if you can and ensure the pod is secured. You should have no problems at all.

:kiss:

Also, when you can, get a free flowing exhaust on it. For compliancing I noticed Nagoya took my Nismo system off and fitted some stock system with a very restrictive dump pipe to the cat.

Coming out on the next Stagea Cruise then? :D

I had it shipped over via Toll. Would have loved to drive it back over from Sydney just so I could spend some time in the car!

The pod seems to be fairly well attached to the body, so hopefully that won't be too big an issue for them. I'll get some pictures soon to check the response on here, make sure everyone thinks its attached firmly enough.

The TT isn't turning out to be too big an issue. I'm looking at getting an alarm asap, and most places are willing to take the TT off during the alarm install, hide the loom and then re-attach it for me later.

I had a quick look earlier and the exhaust seems to be a stock nissan piece. It's definitely on the list of things to do to the car. As for the next Stagea cruise, I'm definitely keen!

pics?

good to see some more stageas turning up around adelaide, do you live north or south?

if you live down south, then just go to lonsdale for your i.d check. mine got thru with pod, nismo exhaust and jap spec remote start unit.

hey Ruby, when is the next Stagea cruise???

pics?

good to see some more stageas turning up around adelaide, do you live north or south?

if you live down south, then just go to lonsdale for your i.d check. mine got thru with pod, nismo exhaust and jap spec remote start unit.

Me an Rodders are looking at organising one for about a months time... well keep everybody posted...

Me an Rodders are looking at organising one for about a months time... well keep everybody posted...

Awesome! :blink: Saves me the hard work :down:

pics?

As he said ^ Or go to the one on Sturt Rd. Either way you don't have to go to Regency for an ID check and these two inspection stations are generally a lot less picky. They are only interested in making sure the numbers on the paper match the ones on the car. They will pick on obvious things like super dark tint and turbo timers so remove/turn off that. They most likely won't care about things like exhausts, pod filters etc though.

and YAY for another stag cruise. My new coilovers just arrived so this time mine hopefully won't be the highest one there :blink:

Edited by Cheddar

FYI Sturt rd closed now only lonsadle

As he said ^ Or go to the one on Sturt Rd. Either way you don't have to go to Regency for an ID check and these two inspection stations are generally a lot less picky. They are only interested in making sure the numbers on the paper match the ones on the car. They will pick on obvious things like super dark tint and turbo timers so remove/turn off that. They most likely won't care about things like exhausts, pod filters etc though.

and YAY for another stag cruise. My new coilovers just arrived so this time mine hopefully won't be the highest one there :(

pics?

I live in up north around the Tea Tree Gully area, so Lonsdale is a bit of a drive for me! Its a shame the Sturt Rd site closed down!

Still working on the pics, going to give her a clay bar and polish tomorrow, so hopefully very soon.

I'm booked in with Jaustech for the alarm friday morning, they're going to take the turbo timer off because they doubt its compatible with the alarm. So about the only thing I'll have to worry about will be the pod filter which is pretty damn sturdy!

I live in up north around the Tea Tree Gully area, so Lonsdale is a bit of a drive for me! Its a shame the Sturt Rd site closed down!

Still working on the pics, going to give her a clay bar and polish tomorrow, so hopefully very soon.

I'm booked in with Jaustech for the alarm friday morning, they're going to take the turbo timer off because they doubt its compatible with the alarm. So about the only thing I'll have to worry about will be the pod filter which is pretty damn sturdy!

just make sure the pod filter has 2 anchor points. mine passed okay, but i have heard of a few people getting defected for dumb stuff like pod not secure, even if it is secured properly but only by 1 point.

C34Stag

Do you recomend buying from these guys?

looking at one at the moment and trying decide if i want a bodykit or one with sun roof's

I had no problems with them at all Blizzerd. Probably the only thing that let them down was a lack of communication at times, but that may have mainly come from me being nervous about buying an imported car for the first time. The turn around did take a bit longer than they first said, but not too much. I did offer to put a deposit on the car early on, but they said not to worry about it. Further down the line they decided that they did need the deposit to carry on with the sale, so that held things up a little which was frustrating!

If there's anything more specific that you'd like to know, feel free to PM me.

I had no problems with them at all Blizzerd. Probably the only thing that let them down was a lack of communication at times, but that may have mainly come from me being nervous about buying an imported car for the first time. The turn around did take a bit longer than they first said, but not too much. I did offer to put a deposit on the car early on, but they said not to worry about it. Further down the line they decided that they did need the deposit to carry on with the sale, so that held things up a little which was frustrating!

If there's anything more specific that you'd like to know, feel free to PM me.

I would love to PM you but this will be my 5th post.

Did you pick your car from the web? i have a friend over there at the moment, but he cant go to sydney to check it out for me.

I am going to have a look at a stagea tonight, to see if i actually like the car apart from its looks,

can you PM me your email address, would be alot easier for me also :cool:

Thanks mate

I would love to PM you but this will be my 5th post.

Did you pick your car from the web? i have a friend over there at the moment, but he cant go to sydney to check it out for me.

I am going to have a look at a stagea tonight, to see if i actually like the car apart from its looks,

can you PM me your email address, would be alot easier for me also :)

Thanks mate

I'm in the same boat as you blizzerd, lack of posts means I cant PM. As soon as I get past the 10 mark I'll shoot you a PM though

I'm in the same boat as you blizzerd, lack of posts means I cant PM. As soon as I get past the 10 mark I'll shoot you a PM though

who did you deal with.

how much deposit did you put down,