SAU Community

Wheel Painting, Rear Tyres And Guard Rolling

83CKS

Hi All,

Finally after a year and a Half of looking for new shoes for the Skyrice, I finally found the one's I want.. And now I have them in my hot little hands, I need to do a bit of work to get them on..

I need - Rear tyres, Paint the rims (Gold) and Roll my guards etc..

These are my wheels, -

wheels.jpg

I got a quote yesterday -

Paint wheels - $125 each (He said they would spray them without pulling them apart)

Roll guards - $120 (Rears)

2nd quote - Paint wheels - $100 each (But $50 each on top to pull them apart and put them back together)

Is that the norm pricing these days??

I need to know, If to paint these wheels, Is it best to separate the wheels before painting (2 piece) or can they paint them while together??

Also in regards to rear tyres.. I've been told 245's or 255's.. However most tyre places tell me 265.. When I've been told by many that I wouldn't get a 265 under there..

Please help..

Sooo much confusion… :P

wow 120 for rolling guards thats sooo ghey! i did my own with a pole and some1 in the car it sounds dodgy but it works and u can flare out ur guards to, all u need is heat gun, pole roughly abt the size of a street pole, a competent person behind the wheel. ***if u do this way do it slowly and gradually if u go to quick on the pole as u go up then u can put a bump in ur panel*** i know ths works because i've done it learnt the hard way about doing it slow lol

**do this at ur own risk im not responsible for any damages** :P

p.s. whay are u going to paint these they look good as is?!?!?! (or do u not like the polished lip?)

what are the specs of the wheels themselves? width/offset?

as for painting - ive seen places that powdercoat for $50 a rim

however i haven't heard about this pulling apart business...?

18x8 +30s on the left 18x10.5 +22

definitely pull em apart

just do it yourself, its usually just a whole bunch of allen key or torx head bolts

Yeah might sit down tonight and pull them apart while watching the Footy lol :P

wow 120 for rolling guards thats sooo ghey! i did my own with a pole and some1 in the car it sounds dodgy but it works and u can flare out ur guards to, all u need is heat gun, pole roughly abt the size of a street pole, a competent person behind the wheel. ***if u do this way do it slowly and gradually if u go to quick on the pole as u go up then u can put a bump in ur panel*** i know ths works because i've done it learnt the hard way about doing it slow lol

**do this at ur own risk im not responsible for any damages** :down:

p.s. whay are u going to paint these they look good as is?!?!?! (or do u not like the polished lip?)

Dont think I'll worry about DIY's (Just incase)

The rears have been painted to match the brand new fronts.. However, They dont match 100%, Plus i'd rather a brighter Gold over the beige colour.. So painting all 4 Top Secret Gold.. :D

Dont think I'll worry about DIY's (Just incase)

The rears have been painted to match the brand new fronts.. However, They dont match 100%, Plus i'd rather a brighter Gold over the beige colour.. So painting all 4 Top Secret Gold.. :P

ahhh truue. yea thats cool just a thought incase u dont wanna spend the 120 :D

ahhh truue. yea thats cool just a thought incase u dont wanna spend the 120 :)

Hahaha I just dont trust Me+ My Car + a Pole = Could be dangerous lol :thumbsup:

Hahaha I just dont trust Me+ My Car + a Pole = Could be dangerous lol :thumbsup:

hahaha usually wen u put those together = Bad.

lol but yea check this guy in jap this is where i got the idea from

Also in regards to rear tyres.. I've been told 245's or 255's.. However most tyre places tell me 265.. When I've been told by many that I wouldn't get a 265 under there..

yo beckkkkk

im a little bored at work...

in regards to your sizes - fronts will fit no worries (i say add a 20mm bolt on spacer :thumbsup:)

rears however are going to be tight - and id say no chance you'll fit a 265 under, unless u roll it something stupid, a 255 could be pushing it - however may fit

it also depends on your rear camber settings as in that pic (see below) there seems to be a bit of rear camber (however that could just be the angle)

i say go baller as f**k and rock a 235 :D

for a reference point, this cars rears are 17*9+17. and yours are going to be 18*10.5+22, so yours are going to sit a further 15mm outside the guards

1230537017.jpg

hope that helps

maybe someone else who has similar sizes can comment :)

1st up awesome rims. Can't wait to see them on the riceburner.

265 are basically 10.5 inches wide....so if the tyre doesn't fit under then the wheel might have problems.

235-255 are ideal for the front. (Have a look at the green goblin next time it is in the car park, they are 245's on a 9" rim on the front)

As for rolling guards there is a mobile dude that does it for a reasonable price i believe, his details are in a thread here somewhere. But if Wheel Revolutions can do it all, i'd be seeing them.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

yo beckkkkk

im a little bored at work...

in regards to your sizes - fronts will fit no worries (i say add a 20mm bolt on spacer :P )

rears however are going to be tight - and id say no chance you'll fit a 265 under, unless u roll it something stupid, a 255 could be pushing it - however may fit

it also depends on your rear camber settings as in that pic (see below) there seems to be a bit of rear camber (however that could just be the angle)

i say go baller as f**k and rock a 235 ;)

for a reference point, this cars rears are 17*9+17. and yours are going to be 18*10.5+22, so yours are going to sit a further 15mm outside the guards

1230537017.jpg

hope that helps

maybe someone else who has similar sizes can comment :)

Thanks Heaps for your help Hun :)

I'm Running Full Cusco Coilovers and Control arms etc, So there will be a bit of camber play available..

Im finding there is a difference between wheel shops guys opinion's over General Car/workshop guys..

I guess the tyre shops have to go by the book etc..

The guy at the Tyre shop, Was dead set against anything smaller than a 265 (Hence my Confusion lol)

I had 225's on my 18x10.5's - Siff run anything bigger.

Pics??? :)

1st up awesome rims. Can't wait to see them on the riceburner.

265 are basically 10.5 inches wide....so if the tyre doesn't fit under then the wheel might have problems.

235-255 are ideal for the front. (Have a look at the green goblin next time it is in the car park, they are 245's on a 9" rim on the front)

As for rolling guards there is a mobile dude that does it for a reasonable price i believe, his details are in a thread here somewhere. But if Wheel Revolutions can do it all, i'd be seeing them.

Good luck. :D

Thankyou! :cool:

I've got front tyres sorted (Got brand new ones with the wheels)

It's more the rears i'm concerned about.. As I’ve been told to buy tyre's before I roll my guards..

But i have been told soooo many different things regarding tyre size..

I guess i could always just go with someone who can do it all. That way they can change tyre size if need be after the Guards are rolled..

Cheers for your help everyone!

I really appreciate it!

:P

Didnt get GT-C's hey?

mine are 18x8 +24

and 18x9 +23

running 235s front and 265 rear. with pretty much dead flat camber on the rear.

mine just squeeze in the guards at the rear so i'd say you'd never get 265 under yours. maybe 245's with a bit of camber and a roll of the guards

I'd consider a spacer for the front. I always look at mine and think they need to sit out more (yours will sit in more than mine)

Also if you find a place that can paint wheels for cheap let me know please :D I want to paint mine gold also. send me a msg though otherwise i'll probably forget about this thread haha

nice wheel choice though. should look sweet once their on.

Also, be careful taking the wheels apart and putting them back together yourself.

The nuts etc actually need to be tightened to correct torque settings.

I dunno how important this is, but i sure as hell wouldn't want a wheel failing because i didn't do up a nut tightly enough.

The guy at the Tyre shop, Was dead set against anything smaller than a 265 (Hence my Confusion lol)

Pics??? :D

I had a fight with a guy from a main stream shop as well, dead set would not believe me until I told him to walk to fook outside and go look what's on my rims (225's).

Save the head-fook, go see option 1 for tires and fitting.

01012007618.jpg

01012007617.jpg

01012007636.jpg

01012007633.jpg

Thanks Heaps for your help Hun :)

I'm Running Full Cusco Coilovers and Control arms etc, So there will be a bit of camber play available..

Im finding there is a difference between wheel shops guys opinion's over General Car/workshop guys..

I guess the tyre shops have to go by the book etc..

Pics??? :bunny:

Thankyou! :3some:

I've got front tyres sorted (Got brand new ones with the wheels)

It's more the rears i'm concerned about.. As I’ve been told to buy tyre's before I roll my guards..

But i have been told soooo many different things regarding tyre size..

I guess i could always just go with someone who can do it all. That way they can change tyre size if need be after the Guards are rolled..

Cheers for your help everyone!

I really appreciate it!

:D

Yep tyres before you roll guards is a good idea. You can also dummy fit the wheels while the car is jacked to see how far the wheels stick out that will give you are indication.