SAU Community

What's The Go With The V35 Coupe Market!

Hey guy's got my coupe on carsales, around 6wks now had just one call to date and that was from W.A.! Have reduced the price by $4000 absolute bargain what's the GO! Car presents as in unmarked mint condition with a genuine 26000ks and fitted with $4000 worth of ADVAN 19''rims and still no calls, these cars are a dream drive for the dollars, any thought's guy's! Regards G.T.

It is not a good time to sell a car still but you must keep in mind that it can take time took me almost 6 months but i was very happy with the buyer and still loved the car so all good. :)

Maybe throw a link up so we can have a look but still you do have to wait around for most cars over about $5000 as it is alot of money and people like to be sure.

Like most cars also they keep getting cheaper so you need to allow for this, i got this email today from Prestige Motorsport.

The exchange rate seems to be on the way back up. Here are some bargain V35 coupes to clear from stock, price estimates are determined at 79 Yen to the dollar and allow for compliance in Brisbane, other States may incur additional costs, generally about $300 to $400. These vehicles could be aboard the next vessel which arrives on 18th July, but bookings for that vessel close in 5 days so be quick. Simply contact us for more information if required, including full pictures and auction sheets:

$19,400 complied, plus tyres and ORC's

2003 Nissan Skyline V35 350GT 3.5L coupe

Automatic

Only 10,530 genuine kms

Silver

Dual airbags

ABS brakes

Factory TV (requires conversion to work in Aust.)

In-dash 6 x CD changer

Factory optional 19" alloy wheels

All power options and airconditioning

Condition notes: Auction grade 4.5 B and in very nice condition overall with super low kms. Small scratch on the RHF fender. Couple of other small marks on the body but very minor. Running well.

$18,300 complied, plus tyres and ORC's

2003 Nissan Skyline V35 350GT Premium 3.5L coupe

Automatic

54,834 kms

White

Dual airbags

ABS brakes

Half faux leather seats

BOSE stereo and in-dash CD changer, with steering controls

Factory 18" alloy wheels

Condition notes: Auction grade 4.5 A. One small scratch on the back of the left sideskirt, otherwise immaculate. Running well.

$18,700 complied, plus tyres and ORC's

2004 Nissan Skyline V35 350GT Premium 70th Anniversary Edition, 3.5L coupe

Automatic

53,614 kms

Silver

Dual airbags

ABS brakes

Full tan leather seats

BOSE stereo and in-dash CD changer, with steering controls

Factory 18" alloy wheels

Condition notes: Auction grade 4.0. In immaculate condition other than scrapes on two wheel rims and driver's side seat edge is a little squashed. Fully optioned and running well.

Regards

Geoff Risbey

Manager

Prestige Motorsport

0418 944 253

www.prestigemotorsport.com.au

At your service Mon to Fri from 9am to 5pm WST, and Sat from 9am to 3pm WST

DL14688

Good Luck it will sell just need to wait.. :P

Edited by 99 GTT

Especially if it has log books...

Even the V36's are getting cheap at high 30's

Thanks for the feed back guys, the car is to be traded in on a new car purchase in 2wks someone will miss out on a great buy, this car is in mint condition and very rarley used, just trying to get a bit more $. Regards G.T.

Got to be patient mate.. its not only the 350GT, I am selling my accord and it is taking ages..

Your 350GT is mint! If I wasn't looking for a manual one I would have bought yours. But yeah your car is probably one of the best around.

Edited by interfooler

imports fetch crappy prices when u trade in at dealer for a new car....i am guessing that they offered you no more than $14k, if that?

the 2nd hand car market is quite bad these days....back in the days of r33s, 180sx, silvias, etc....many would drool and offer good prices CASH! those ppl are virtually non-existent these days...and this is where bank finance will hit hard....you'll find it very difficult to get an auto loan for an import these days...

in short, stick to the v35 and drive it to the ground OR until they reach the $10k affordable bracket with buyers...

a good aussie economy you say? i can't see it...my Mrs has been out of work for a year now...

just had a look at your carsales ad, ok, maybe not $14k.....(just in case you get offended)....but you know what I mean when i refer to crappy prices on trade-ins for imports....

Strange...i just sold my V35 less than a month ago guys..

I hope the following info will help some of you guys trying to sell/buy.

Car details:

03 pearl white 350gt manual, brembos/lsd, premium, tv+nav, front lip/splash guards, sunroof, 60kms.

Had intake, exhaust, tune, shock/spring/bars, performance pads, low temp thermo/plugs, Rays wheels, all fluids changed with performance fluid and good oil servicing etc.

I took it into an import dealership that offered $20k on the spot for it so might've been able to get a little more after negotiation?

I started the price at 32,999 and only got scammer offers lol. First price drop in 4 days or so to 29,999 and nada, week or so later 28,999, nada, 27,999 and suddenly lots of interest rolled in ?!? The car was sold while still advertised at 27,999.

Through negotiation and putting stock wheels back on (so i sold Rays wheels seperately), i let it go for 25,500. This was only 1 month rego left and the stock wheels tire's needed replacing. So all in all, i think it was a fair deal for myself and buyer..probably leaning to slightly better for the buyer but i was happy it was going to a good home.

So all in all, it sold in just under 1 month on carsales. I used their premium ad. The car was insured for $35k. I'm sure i could've got more for it if i waited but i'm the impatient type..

Goodluck guys.

Oh forgot to mention..other potential buyers were telling me many V owners were negotiating down to 23k for their rides.

I saw two on carsales at 23k and they went really quick.. still beats trading in for under 20k right..

Saw one go quickly too at bit under 26k but that one had some mods/styling that the two 23k ones didn't have.

Edit - Car had no major acco history. Paint was in very good condition as was interior. I had original inspection report still from when i purchased car and full set of keys and manuals etc.

Edited by Touge Kyousou

problem is each state has different economic level and affordability...

i noticed people in Melb are generally more tightass than Sydney and will go out of the way to try to squeeze the last drop of blood from your price.

what may sell relatively easy in Sydney for $25k that may not be the case in Melb, probably a few k down...

Good point rs73...to be honest i don't think i had many calls from nsw people. Had alot of interstate calls and indeed the car was sold to another state.

And yeah the current market is a seller nightmare... otoh when i was shopping for my next toy car i grabbed an absolute bargain because many people are desperate to sell.

selling a car (except rare classics like Mustang 500GT Shelby or McLaren F1) are always a seller's nightmare, be it imports or Aust Delivered.

it's a basic rule that car depreciates. each week the car advertised and not being sold, the value keeps dropping...

some do hold values well due to the brand or snobbish factor (bmw, audi) but even so high end bmws like 540 would suffer bigger depreciation compared to its... say, 323 cousin... even if you advertise on a reasonable market value, there'll always be a flogger out there who need to sell in a hurry for some reason, put ridiculously low price, and startled the rest of the market who may respond by dropping their prices if they're somewhat half desperate to sell and ruins it for everyone else.

now you can see why the good old advice always recommends never buy a car on loan, pay cash or as much part of it you can afford by cash if a loan is non-avoidable, or only put it on loan/lease if it's giving you some sort of tax claim benefits (businesses or novated lease linked to salary sacrifice) again, it may not work for everyone....

Oh forgot to mention..other potential buyers were telling me many V owners were negotiating down to 23k for their rides.

I saw two on carsales at 23k and they went really quick.. still beats trading in for under 20k right..

Saw one go quickly too at bit under 26k but that one had some mods/styling that the two 23k ones didn't have.

Edit - Car had no major acco history. Paint was in very good condition as was interior. I had original inspection report still from when i purchased car and full set of keys and manuals etc.

Hi jon thanks for your imput, I meet you down at Indy's workshop IS M/R Rockdale while having my car serviced some months ago, I see you have sold your coupe hope you where happy with the deal, anyway its time to let mine go as well, worst luck! Now retired from the workforce and down to one car. Sadly' I'm trading my V in on a new car, [4 doors] to keep the little lady happy! Hoping to get a few more $ for the deal, I actually got a reasonable trade in price so not all's lost I guess, anyway see what happens in the next 2 wks with carsales. Regards Geoff.

Hate to break it to you but i am a car wholesale buyer, (Work at auctions) There have been a few V35's starting to come through and they are sometimes super cheap! i know its a sedan but i had a 2004 premium sedan for 7k!

At the moment I have a 2003 White auto coupe with a sunroof that will be sold for 20k with 22's and a very tidy car. P Platers were the main market now they can nolonger drive them. This is the main problem.

Hate to break it to you but i am a car wholesale buyer, (Work at auctions) There have been a few V35's starting to come through and they are sometimes super cheap! i know its a sedan but i had a 2004 premium sedan for 7k!

At the moment I have a 2003 White auto coupe with a sunroof that will be sold for 20k with 22's and a very tidy car. P Platers were the main market now they can nolonger drive them. This is the main problem.

with 22's? lmao! dont know what the previous owner was thinking...anyway, from what i know you should buy/sell a car for what you think its worth simple. people tend to sell cheaper as they are desperate. others higher priced as they KNOW what its true value is. having said that jaiks previous car (supercharged with 20inch volk gtc, carbon etc $20k spent on car mods) is for sale for that modded price $20k...i dont know whats going on with the market...but i think im going to buy it for my w/e car...going to have to say goodbye to holiday.