SAU Community

Help On De+t

Yeah your right, but as is said, its the higher volume intercoolers and piping that have the stalling issue, because the amount of metered air that is vented is enough to flood the engine (when it tries to supply the fuel to support it), i suppose higher boost levels on smaller coolers would have the same issue.

SAFC's etc can also fix it, as they have a set amount of closed throttle airflow to feed the ecu (which you set).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a quick update:

She's alive!!!

She keeps stalling though, which I am very certain is because of running an untuned PFC and having a few air leaks (ie BOV since I don't have the plumb back piping yet) but nevertheless, she runs and blows no smoke :/

Got the tuned booked in for next Thursday. Can't wait!

Just a quick update:

She's alive!!!

She keeps stalling though, which I am very certain is because of running an untuned PFC and having a few air leaks (ie BOV since I don't have the plumb back piping yet) but nevertheless, she runs and blows no smoke :/

Got the tuned booked in for next Thursday. Can't wait!

Yeah the bov would be the cause, they have a tiny hole in them which is enouugh to cause stalling and rough idle, but you issue would be because when the throttle is closed (and the bov is connected to the plenum) vacuum sucks the bov open.

If you'r running low boost, i would just block the bov and let it 'hektic' dose until you get it sorted. As long as you dont have any air leaks between the turbo and AFM, as you dont want it to lean out.

Edited by SKiT_R31

• 2 weeks later...

She's all running beautifully now :)

220rwhp @ 10psi which isn't too bad for stock turbo and injectors. Might be able to extract a bit more with high-flow cat and much better muffler.

The only problem I have now is with the idling. For some reason, my car is stalling (or goes to 100RPM before going back to 700RPM) everytime I press in the clutch. Thinking that the AAC valve is the cuplit, I cleaned that up and fixed the issue for a day or so. But now, the problem is reoccuring again. Now, I don't have a problem with cleaning the AAC valve again to fix it until it goes away, but is this a case of dusty pipings causing the AAC valve to get really dirty quickly, or does it sound like I have a vacuum leak somewhere which is causing dirt to come in?

Also, when the AAC starts to play up, my car is doing something really funny. If I drive her cold-ish (water temp gauge just start moving) and I drive casually, she runs really low idle (600RPM). But once she warms up and I start driving it more harder, the idling rev goes up (900RPM).

What the hell is causing this?

...could my stock BOV be leaking?

Edited by mjscar

Ok. This is fking bullshit, but I just found my rear, left window smashed in after leaving it parked outside of my friend's house. Sigh -_-"

If that wasn't bad enough, my dyno sheet was placed in the backseat and what do you know, it was raining. So now my dyno sheet is also ruined.

Oh the joys of owning a nice car... Everyone just seems to get a chuckle from targeting it. Wankers...

So I'm sorry mate, but I won't be able to post up the dyno result.

:P