SAU Community

Need To Advice On Car Stalling

hi guys,

just wondering if anyone knows why my auto r33 gts skyline is stalling. This has happened on about 3 occasions now over a period of about 6 months.

Wanna know why this is so as this gets pretty scary sometimes

Once when i was doing about 20 kms rolling and the whole car just shut off and the radio turned off in the car.

Another time the car turned off when i was stationary at traffic lights while i was in drive, the clock in my car was still on but it turned my radio off.When i finally got it going again by putting the car in park and starting it as usual(press imobiliser then turn key) the radio still had all the channels and didnt reset and yet others times it does reset channels.Also the hazard lights still worked on every occasion.This time but when i turned it felt like it was chuggin to get started with the key like it had a flat battery but eventually started up.

Also the alarm goes off byitself sometimes, i slammed the door and it would engage even if it wasnt activated by me and the antenna stayed up on the car. strange

Is this an electrical problem , or could this be caused by maybe the batteries in the alarm remote maybe going dead and they need to be changed and is causing everything to go stupid. cant see why this would shut off the engine though

anyone shed some light on this topic, kinda puzzled

Edited by vinny cos

im guessing its a electrical problem maybe something with ur immobilizer or loose connections on your battery, but then i dont see why it would do it once here and there, how often does it do it?

im guessing its a electrical problem maybe something with ur immobilizer or loose connections on your battery, but then i dont see why it would do it once here and there, how often does it do it?

it does it randomly like, this happened 3 times in about 6 months, its not often but i dont know when it could happen next thats the scary part,

I thought it would be loose connections on the battery terminals but they are all fine,

Sounds like an old battery dying... I had this problem with my car, replaced the battery and it was fine.

i thought that aswell , but when the car is running isnt the alternator powering up the battery anyway and if the battery was dieing the car wouldnt start im assuming

i may try that if there are no other options

• 3 weeks later...
hi guys,

just wondering if anyone knows why my auto r33 gts skyline is stalling. This has happened on about 3 occasions now over a period of about 6 months.

Once when i was doing about 20 kms rolling and the whole car just shut off and the radio turned off in the car.

Another time the car turned off when i was stationary at traffic lights while i was in drive, the clock in my car was still on but it turned my radio off.When i finally got it going again by putting the car in park and starting it as usual(press imobiliser then turn key) the radio still had all the channels and didnt reset and yet others times it does reset channels.Also the hazard lights still worked on every occasion.This time but when i turned it felt like it was chuggin to get started with the key like it had a flat battery but eventually started up.

Also the alarm goes off byitself sometimes, i slammed the door and it would engage even if it wasnt activated by me and the antenna stayed up on the car. strange

Is this an electrical problem , or could this be caused by maybe the batteries in the alarm remote maybe going dead and they need to be changed and is causing everything to go stupid. cant see why this would shut off the engine though

check your battery connections, battery quality ( dying, low water etc)

otherwise check you tps, crank angle and AFM. check for any loose plugs.

have you done any mods.. pod filter, shortened intake pipe etc ?

hi guys,

check your engine bay fuses too, make sure your alternator plug hasnt fallen off or loose.

3 times over 6 months isnt too bad maybe its outa gas or injectors blocked causing it to conk out.

sounds like a wire or fuse or sensor or battery terminals loose or corroded tho