SAU Community

How Wide Can You Go With Tyres On The V35

Hi guys I currently have 275 35 R19 on the back and 245 40 R19 on the front

Im pretty sure my rims are 11" wide as even the 275s seem stretched

The reason im asking is that im interested in getting some KU36 from option one and the only 19" size is 285/35/19

Now I dont think going from 275 to 285 is going to give me any problem on the back but Im not to sure about the fronts. My gut feeling is that the front wont have the room for 285s so If thats the case Ill stick another set of KU19s on when they need to be replaced

Anyone have any ideas?

I guess it will also come down to what offset my wheels are but unfortunately the stickers that are on them with the specs have had all the text worn away and cant be read

post-59606-1283594622_thumb.jpgpost-59606-1283594188_thumb.jpg

I've got 285 on the rear on 10.5" rims and I could even go up to 295 to keep the tyre dead square with the rim. You could go 295 easily if you have 11" rims which would make sense if you want to avoid the slightly stretched look.

I have 255's on the front. 265 would be wide enough depending on rim size.

be aware that the VDC is set up for the coupe staggered wheel fitment. You'll have to adjust the tyre aspect ratio if you want to keep the same width all round.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Standard tyre fitment is 225/45/18 & 245/45/18.

Edited by mosoto

255 should be the max on the fronts. Rears should be no more than 285. Reason being is that the rears and even then front will always run a little to a few degrees negative camber. Thus not all the tyres will stick to the ground so traction more than adequate with 275s Or 285s. Unless you had 400hp+ at the rears then mor wider tyres more traction and ofcourse depending on what brand of tyres.

Personally I love the stretched look. I have 245s on 20inx9.5 front and 265 on 20inx10.5 rears of my gtcs. Hope that helps.

I ran my hand around the inside of the front wheel and yeah theres bugger all room betwean the tyre and suspension items, so 245 im thinking is as wide as you can go without using spacers to push the wheels out

As for the stretched look goes its not so practicale on my car, KU19s have a rim protector but unlike mosots pic my rim protector is behind the lip of the rim, which explains why all my rims are gutterd. Im planning on sending all 4 of them to the repair shop to get freshened up one day when I sort myself out with a set of track rims.

However I finaly found my dream LSD which is going to cost me allmost as much as a new set of 19" so they will have to wait

also be careful of the BRAND of tyre

In my case, the Michilen Pilot Sport II does not scrub, and then i got some new tyres got Pirelli P-Zero in exactly same size and it does scrub

the pirelli is a tad wider than the pilot sport II, i dunno why, but the sidewalls stick out like 1-2 cms more.

i had to dial in a touch more neg camber to fix the issue.

It also depends on the wheel offsets that you are using.

I have a V35 Sedan and am running 19s x 9 wide, +32 offset and from memory I have 275 wide tyres all around. I will check tyre size tonight and confirm.

I have no issues at all.

The fronts are perfect fit, the rears do slightly stick outside the guard by 5+mm.

A wheel place will be able to check out what tyre size will fit into your car depending on the wheel size and offset.

• 3 weeks later...
It also depends on the wheel offsets that you are using.

I have a V35 Sedan and am running 19s x 9 wide, +32 offset and from memory I have 275 wide tyres all around. I will check tyre size tonight and confirm.

I have no issues at all.

The fronts are perfect fit, the rears do slightly stick outside the guard by 5+mm.

A wheel place will be able to check out what tyre size will fit into your car depending on the wheel size and offset.

Hey,

Have you done any body work, cutting or rolling guards to run 19x9 +30... Im also looking to get some 19s so wondering which width and offset i should go for as i dont want to loose much ride control and dont want to do any body work.

Cheers,

Raween

ok guys i got some new rears & fronts yesterday

i can confirm that Dunlop SP Sport MAXX in 295/30/19 (rear) and 265/30/19 (front) will fit better than anything else if you have clearance issues - they have very flush sidewalls and dont stick out insanely like the Pirelli PZERO.

I will be sticking to this tire for the future.

Also got an excellent price - $350 each for the rear and $245 each for the front. Couldnt be happier for 4 brand new tyres.

ok guys i got some new rears & fronts yesterday

i can confirm that Dunlop SP Sport MAXX in 295/30/19 (rear) and 265/30/19 (front) will fit better than anything else if you have clearance issues - they have very flush sidewalls and dont stick out insanely like the Pirelli PZERO.

I will be sticking to this tire for the future.

Also got an excellent price - $350 each for the rear and $245 each for the front. Couldnt be happier for 4 brand new tyres.

hey mate. How would you rate the noise on these? Also are 20s available? When I saw the $350 figure I was really happy foe a sec but realized it was 19s. Wished 20s were that cheap especially in the Dunlop range. Lol

Got my new rears, wanted to get some KU36s but the 285 35 R19 was out of stock pretty much everywhere. Ended up getting some Federal 595 RPMs in the same size

they seem to fit the rim perfectly which is 10" wide

compound is supposed to be gripper than the KU36, ill have a better idea after my next sprint session on the 5th of October

Hey Raween,

No mate I haven't done any bodywork nor touched anything on the car to have these wheels and tyres on.

Cheers.

Hey,

Have you done any body work, cutting or rolling guards to run 19x9 +30... Im also looking to get some 19s so wondering which width and offset i should go for as i dont want to loose much ride control and dont want to do any body work.

Cheers,

Raween