SAU Community

R34 Boost Control

Recently bought a R34 4Dr Turbo, and I was looking at the vacuum lines and noticed that they had just plugged it from the waste gate into the cooler piping in which I assume to stop it from Boost Cutting, as It's just the misses Daily I'm wondering what way the vacuum lines go back into the solenoid.

Here is a picture of how it is currently set-up

mhd5w8.jpg

And here is the solenoid that currently has nothing going to it? So I'm just wondering if the waste gate goes to top/bottom or if the cooler piping goes to top/bottom

xamgy.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers, Daniel

Wouldn't have a clue, as they have taken the gauges that sit on top of the dash off.

It has a 3inch exhaust and a cooler, so may be doing a bit more then stock, but as its the misses daily want to bring it back to as normal as possible

it would have to be boosting alot i would imagine.... id probly not use the stock solenoid seing its got the exhaust and cooler... mayb get a cheap boost tap like a turbotech search it on here theres a thread somewhere.... easy to install that rubber hose ur holding plug into it and out the other end to the cooler pipe... and buy a boost gauge adjust it to say 12psi at most....

Edited by rgr34

• 2 weeks later...
it would have to be boosting alot i would imagine.... id probly not use the stock solenoid seing its got the exhaust and cooler... mayb get a cheap boost tap like a turbotech search it on here theres a thread somewhere.... easy to install that rubber hose ur holding plug into it and out the other end to the cooler pipe... and buy a boost gauge adjust it to say 12psi at most....

Only thing is though that in SA if they catch you with a boost tee it's pretty much straight to regency, and as it's just the misses daily I want to have it as stock looking at possible, so yeah just want to know what line goes where in regards to the stock solenoid.

the way that is set up you have a nice 5 psi boost . maybe 6 . leave it like that untill the missus can drive and or gets a boost gauge . to put it back to standard you need a t piece and another bit of hose and the correctly sized restrictor

If it's running straight off the actuator then 5-6 is about right.

As for set up, just after the compressor on the intake pipe heding to the intercooler a small hose goes to a t-piece. One hose goes from the t-piece to the top of the solenoid, the other goes to the actuator. Another hose goes from the bottom of the solenoid to the air feed line before the intercooler.