SAU Community

Decat?

luvboost

In Early 1970s they became standard (over a preiod of time, which I believe by early 1980s ALL vehicles were required to run a catalytic convertor, the only exception to date being vehicles running solely on LPG and CNG)

Read ADRs.

Nope, cats became law in Australia in 1986 when it became law that all new vehicles had to run on unleaded fuel. The main reason cars didnt run them before, was because the lead in super fuel would f**k them in fairly short order by poisoning the chemical reaction, eliminating the ability to deal with NoX.

What I find interesting, is a badly tuned car running a cat, or a car with a badly positioned cat (ie, aftermarket one fitted to a "custom" exhaust) is actually at a greater risk of ejecting such lovely byproducts such as amonia and hydrogen sulphide (also known as rotten egg gas) Now, all the tree hugging stuff aside, that shit is poisonous, not just to the environment, but to us as well, and a decat piped car cant produce THAT shit no matter how badly tuned/popping hektik flames

All hail to Communism & Chair man Mao! :P

QFT

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a decat. I run a decat to suffocate babies, rape single mothers, set fire to old people, blind and deafen as many children as I can, AND let's not forget - I'm the reason fuel prices are so high because the excess flow I actually get makes me run rich and smash more juice down. I've been stickered AND caught-out with a decat pipe by police actually sighting the pipe. Twice. I didn't receive any fines for said pipe. But it is illegal, and I am actually going to hell for it. Twice.

If I get fined or imprisoned for having it, I will cop it on the chin. Moralfags can bitch all they want. My car runs better with a decat than it will EVER run with a cat. News for you guys - every now and then, I run AVGAS. Try running avgas through a cat.

Very clever. You are definitely my hero. I think we should make you President of SAUWA. We should get you to be our spokesman on Today Tonight. You should lead a cruise to the WA Parliament to make your erudite views known to our government. I am sure they would immediately tell all cops to leave import drivers alone. In fact, I think you actually represent a generation. You have put it so well and clearly. You couldn't give a f#ck about anyone but you and take no responsibility for any of your actions. So let's recognise you for that.

All hail the chief.

Cheers.

P.S. Let me know when you reach maturity. Thanks.

P.P.S. I realise it might take a while. But I can wait.

I have a decat.

I'm a poorkunt and can't afford a high-flow cat. I run a decat to suffocate babies, rape single mothers, set fire to old people, blind and deafen as many children as I can, AND let's not forget - I'm the reason fuel prices are so high because the excess flow I actually get makes me run rich and smash more juice down.

I've been stickered AND caught-out with a decat pipe by police actually sighting the pipe. Twice.

I didn't receive any fines for said pipe. But it is illegal, and I am actually going to hell for it.

Twice.

you're fkn awesome

that's easily the best post in this whole thread

after reading all this bs i wanna pull my highflow out and replace it with a straight pipe

Edited by ohno1