SAU Community

Charge Line Leaks

Hi everyone, i seem to have had this problem where the car jerks/ hesitates under full throttle/full boost especially on cooler days. This only happened after i boosted my RB20DEt to 1 bar. Initially i thought the fueling was insufficient and took it to the dyno to cehck the AFR and all was fine. Then replaced the plugs, initially didn't notice any jerks until after 10k kms. Yesterday i got the charge line pressurized with compressed air and founf out one of the hoses had a crack and my Intercooler (Stock side mount) was leaking ( The hissing sound of air escaping was pretty audible). Can these cause the jerks and why? is it because the AFM is maxing out to cope with the leaks?

The car has a MAF, it measures the air the engine is pulling in, if that air doesnt go to the intake manifold then the car runs mega rich because it thinks the air is there when it isnt

If you have leaks you expect to be running extra rich, with doesnt gel with "Initially i thought the fueling was insufficient and took it to the dyno to cehck the AFR and all was fine."

So - what were the AFRs? Please post up the plot if u have it.