SAU Community

370Gt 19" Or 18"

Close to buying a 370gt. Deciding whether i should stick to the base 18" wheels or go the Type S 19", price difference being about $1500 overall for the car.

Just want to know how much firmer of a ride is the 19".

I have the 350GT and drove it with 18, 19, 20. I like the look of 20 the best but the feel of 19 the best. Go 19, doesn't affect firmness much at all and is so comfortable.

I have the 350GT and drove it with 18, 19, 20. I like the look of 20 the best but the feel of 19 the best. Go 19, doesn't affect firmness much at all and is so comfortable.

my 35 is on 20's with coilovers and its still a "comfortable" ride.

little bit firmer, but i wouldnt complain with what im running.

my 35 is on 20's with coilovers and its still a "comfortable" ride.

little bit firmer, but i wouldnt complain with what im running.

Would be interested in finding out how good the ride is with coilovers, i think the only way to go if your going over 19"s

i've just gone from 18 to 19 and all i can say is it's firmer but not harsh at all.i think the lower profile sidewall has less flex so cornering feels much better on 19

I agree with Roy.

1. With 18 inch, it's the closest to stock ride quality.

2. With 19 inch, it's firmer. You can still feel the abit harsher ride, but can still live with day-to-day driving.

3. With 20 inch, the car will need lowering to avoid a 4WD look, together with camber kits and spending more on tires.

Good luck.

Would be interested in finding out how good the ride is with coilovers, i think the only way to go if your going over 19"s

on sat you can jump in if you come. take you round the block or something. its not bad.

• Like 1

19s all the way. The 19s on the 370GT look way better for starters. On my old V35 I had stock 18s on 45/18 rubber and I was initially suprised at how comfortable the ride was. My new V35 being a series 2 has the stock 19s on 40/19 rubber and to be honest I haven't felt all that much of a difference in ride comfort. The 19s look way better too IMO.

• Like 1