SAU Community

34 Gtst Bm44 Master Cylinder Into A 32 Gtst

LowgZ

Hey guys,

Was looking through the threads and only turned up this

http://www.skylinesa...-brake-booster/

Which didnt really answer my question, which was will a BM44 Master cylinder out of a R34 Gtst work in my R32 Gtst with standard 32 brakes and discs all corners as I need to replace my current one and a cheap BM44 has become avaiable.

If the brakes have to be upgraded to 34 items this is viable but not really good for finances at the moment so am trying to avoid this for the time been.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks all.

Edited by LowgZ

If it's an abs one and you have an abs one it'll be identical.

If it's non abs then the ports are in different spots. It'll work fine but you will need to bend lines and probably extend the line for the rear circuit to reach the port

If it's an abs one and you have an abs one it'll be identical.

If it's non abs then the ports are in different spots. It'll work fine but you will need to bend lines and probably extend the line for the rear circuit to reach the port

Legend!! Mine is non-ABS so will modify to suit, thanks heaps.

You should also be aware of the fact that BMC off a turbo R34 is not a BM44. Turbo non-GTR 34 skylines came with 1" BMC, marked either BM50 or just '1' on the BMC body. If yours is BM44, it is probably n/a  R34 BMC, or an R33 item. It may still work, however brake balance front to rear may be slightly different to yours.

You should also be aware of the fact that BMC off a turbo R34 is not a BM44. Turbo non-GTR 34 skylines came with 1" BMC, marked either BM50 or just '1' on the BMC body. If yours is BM44, it is probably n/a R34 BMC, or an R33 item. It may still work, however brake balance front to rear may be slightly different to yours.

Yeah i actually investigated this further and found the pressures will different so will need a R32 ABS BM44 unit so back to the wreckers. T

hanks for the advice it is appreciated.