SAU Community

Cv Boot Replacement

shotpointblank

hey guys, car was on the hoist the other day and noticed my front passenger cv boot is thorn... is there anywhere you recommed to get them replaced in goldcoat region or even brisbane??? also can you buy the cv boot from like repco/super cheap?? is it the same as a gt-r 33 being rs4s series 2??? how much do they normal cost?? would like to here some opinions guys thanks...

Driveline at Archerfield. They're an odd size appearntly. I've had mine fixed up a couple of times there.

$45 for one boot or $70 for a full shaft from memory. New boots, clips and greased etc. Usually check the balance of them too.

I got my boots at SuperCheap in Bundall.Not very exxy.Local Mobile mec fitted the set for $40.

Gee that's cheap! Did he remove and replace the shafts or did you pull them out and he did the boots? I got quoted 150 per boot last week thought it was steep!

Driveline at Archerfield. They're an odd size appearntly. I've had mine fixed up a couple of times there.

$45 for one boot or $70 for a full shaft from memory. New boots, clips and greased etc. Usually check the balance of them too.

did the repair you old ones? or just replaced them with new ones?

I pulled the each shaft out and took it to them, picked them up a couple hours later.

They clean up the shafts, check to see if they're stuffed. Come back looking new.

Gee that's cheap! Did he remove and replace the shafts or did you pull them out and he did the boots? I got quoted 150 per boot last week thought it was steep!

Local mech is very good. He did my timing belt for $250. He quoted $350 but after doing the job said it was too much. I supplied all the belts.