SAU Community

Anyone Imported From Britain/ireland? In Dire Need Of My Car!

stevieboytgee

Hi all, been over here for about a year and a half now and hopefully getting sponsored to stay. Prob is I can only import on carnet which means I can't sell her if money gets tight. I can get a friend to "BUY" it from me, then he imports it and perhaps at a later date, I buy it back. But where would I start. Has anyone here imported from the uk or could perhaps shed some light on this for me? I know it might cost a bit but at the end of the day it's my lady and another one (not that I have the money to buy another one) would feel like cheating on her. Any help appreciated :):domokun:

hmmm

well we usually do dealer cars from the UK. IS the carnet because your not a perminant citizen?. id suspect the car can't enter the country under your name, but if it was transfered to somebody in the UK ( say your family )

i dont see why it wouldnt be a straight import?. obviously you cant import the car, because you'd have to get an import permit for it, but if your friend does,

and have the paperwork in his name i dont see why not.

if you can pay the freight/clearance charges then its quite straight forward.

i can look into this more at work as im still just a junior broker. but i've just cleared a mazda for a friend from here from japan, and it was a straight import from the supplier ( they never check ) but the names on the commercial invoices/ bills must be ur friends.

even a person with an abn registered is good. or individual doesnt matter

im pretty sure you can sell it to your friend actually without transfering the name to some1else over there.

im not quite sure on the shipping charges last job from the uk, was around 2 grand aud to import.

i think all up 3 grand hopefully, it doesnt get pulled up my customs/aqis for soil or some contamination haha