SAU Community

Stock Springs Or Alternative

Hi guys,

I've just whacked a Nismo exhaust on my V35, and it sounds hotsauce. However, I used to scrape before....but now its even worse, and every time it happens I cry like a little girl with a scraped knee. When I bought the car, it had already been lowered. Does anyone have any stock springs for sale, by any chance? Or is there any other magic solution?

Hi guys,

I've just whacked a Nismo exhaust on my V35, and it sounds hotsauce. However, I used to scrape before....but now its even worse, and every time it happens I cry like a little girl with a scraped knee. When I bought the car, it had already been lowered. Does anyone have any stock springs for sale, by any chance? Or is there any other magic solution?

Hi Mitch,

As I don't know anything about a Nismo exhaust system, I might be wrong in my opinions. :P

Is it because the muffler of the Nismo exhaust system bigger and lower than stock system, that you are scrapping it? Or is it hooked up properly and not hanging down lower than it should be?

With the springs, you can also use stock 350Z springs if you can't source stock V35 springs. But the car will still be about 25mm lower than stock height.

Good luck.

Edited by VNS 24

Hey mate,

I have to jack it up and have a look, but I don't think it's at the muffler, but at the centre pipe (which is now a 3" pipe.) I doubt there'd be any play as to how it is mounted, nor many alternatives under there. So jacking it up is what I will have to do =(

I will have to find another V35 and park it next to it, and see how much height I need to gain.

Hey mate,

I have to jack it up and have a look, but I don't think it's at the muffler, but at the centre pipe (which is now a 3" pipe.) I doubt there'd be any play as to how it is mounted, nor many alternatives under there. So jacking it up is what I will have to do =(

I will have to find another V35 and park it next to it, and see how much height I need to gain.

Yeah, jacking it up to have a look would be a good start.

Would you know what spring you got on now? If it's common King Springs, it will be about 2 inches (50mm) drop from stock height.

Edited by VNS 24

sometimes if you see just near the centre/mid pipe there is just next to what looks like body bracing (from memory they look like or similar to a headers gasket but less hole-e) i think most of the time that's where it scrapes, i know mine always scraped there when i had the car with exotic speed exhaust i think was 3" mid pipe. when i ended up selling the piece it was virtually scrape free.

as for springs maybe check ebay au or ebay us or g35driver for sale section

So, I found my problem after jacking it up. The Y-pipe is dipping down from the way it has been mounted, and it's rubbing on the flex joints. So, there shall be a lot of yelling at people, and I'm taking it elsewhere to get the exhaust raised back up underneath the car. Sons of beetches.