SAU Community

Having Trouble Fitting Non Sunroof Roll Cage Into Ceffy With Sunroof

filo_a31

Well the story goes like this. My old ceffy had a bit off a fight with a rockwall so i bought another ceffy rolling shell which this time has a sunroof but i can't get it to work. The other drama is that the roof lining sits a little lower so i cant fit my 6 point roll cage in it.

I figured that i dont really care if i have a sunroof or not, i personally dont see the point. So i think i might try removing the whole sunroof mechanism, sealing the glass sunroof shut, corering it with a carbon fibre sticker, and swapping my roof linings over from the old shell. Just as an easier cheaper option

Fingers crossed all goes to plan.

Good God don't do that.

Generally, non-sunroof cages CAN fit but they're a very very tight fit.

If it's track only, take the roof lining out, and that gives you a bit more room, that's about 1/3 of the height difference, the other 2/3 being the sunroof assembly itself.

Sunroof is all sorts of fun, and it makes you an instant sickcvnt...keep it :P

I dont know how someone has fitted a non sunroof cage into a sunroof car, the height difference is signifcant. Keep your cage, remove your sunroof and replace it with a sheet of perspex. I used tinted perspex so its not so bright on a sunny day. It obviously wont open but good luck finding a sunroof model cage.

I was going to say before, look at getting it chopped down.Surely the cost of cutting the flanges and bringing the whole cage down 1-2 inches isn't THAT much ?

Sure as hell beats ripping out a perfectly good sunroof and making a dodgey roof. That right there is $500-$1000 value on your Ceffy come the day you want to sell it.

I was going to say before, look at getting it chopped down.Surely the cost of cutting the flanges and bringing the whole cage down 1-2 inches isn't THAT much ?

Sure as hell beats ripping out a perfectly good sunroof and making a dodgey roof. That right there is $500-$1000 value on your Ceffy come the day you want to sell it.

Hmm i think your right