SAU Community

R33 Stock Beast

Joe Nash

Hi all,

i recently bought my very first skyline, been wanting one for the best part of the last 10 years, and as somewhat young fellow who listens to his parents, never managed to get one until now when i have saved up and said nope SU mum and dad, i want it so i'm getting it.

any way, my car is a R33 GTS T, running quite stock, bought it with the only items done being the FMIC and a 3" from turbo back with a muffler to a 4" tip (please note not a cannon), the car also came with a nice GTR body kit containing the front bar and side skirts.

Since owning it, i have done a few things to her, put in a aftermarket plumb back turbosmart BOV, to replace the stock one, a turbo timer and my stereo from my old car.

however, since i don't get my license back till september, the misses has been driving it, and i must admit, sitting in the passenger seat, the car feels very nice.

now i know for a fact that this car will not be staying standard at all, so i will be asking a lot of question.

thats all for now

• 2 weeks later...
any way, my car is a R33 GTS T, running quite stock, bought it with the only items done being the FMIC and a 3" from turbo back with a muffler to a 4" tip (please note not a cannon), the car also came with a nice GTR body kit containing the front bar and side skirts.

Since owning it, i have done a few things to her, put in a aftermarket plumb back turbosmart BOV, to replace the stock one, a turbo timer and my stereo from my old car.

:laugh:

if thats your definition of stock

... what do you plan on doing to it for gods sake

oh ok then, well to me, stock is a car producing stock power, and as such would require things like a bigger turbo, injectors etc etc.

as for pics, yes, but not till she has a bath, the dirty girl tongue.gif

• 4 months later...

well i haven't updated this for quite some time now, so i thought a small update was in order.

well as the photo shows, had a little delama with the beast, she was making some really weird noises from the timing belt cover, so had her towed home from work.

i then spent approximently 2-3 days fixing her up and servicing her, the noise that was being generated was very simple, a screw from the backing plate had come undone fully and was running around the cam pulley, pulled it up, replaced the bolt, made sure everything else was ok there, then noticed that the rocker covers where leaking a little, so this was fixed up at the same time, a little bonus from opening up the timing belt cover was that there was signs that the belt may need to be replaced soon.

after a few more days later (had to wait for payday) i bought a few items required for a service, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, i also bought a GFB boost tee and boost gauge as the stock solenoid was not working correctly before i bought it (unknown to me at the time) and the previous owner had done a very dodgy fix by running the vac hose from the actuator to the inlet on the turbo, so started doing the service, changed the air filter (ended up getting a K&N apollo CAI system) then went down to drop the oil (FYI a engine flush was used here before dropping oil) and noticed the sump was leaking quite a bit, so off came the sump, cleaned and resalasticed, however, while the sump was off, noticed that there was quite a bit of metal filings, and as i wasn't doing all the work on my own (had a mate who is a mechanic help out with everything mechanical so far) informed me that this engine has not been looked after for a while, and will most likely need a rebuild down the track soon, anyway, sump back on, fresh oil (penrite fully synthetic 10w70) oil filter installed, new fuel filter (fuel lines were shagged so new lines installed here [if anyone on the northside of brisbane wants to know were some nice cheapish fuel lines are, pm me and i'll let you know]) boost tee installed and boost gauge installed, beast is running and running on 9PSI.

post-86705-0-37192700-1326087687_thumb.jpg

on another note, a few items that i have done also since getting my baby, my old head unit died on me (managed to fry the sound board) so went and bought a new double din head unit, a kenwood one with the GPS built into it, sold my old subs and installed new JL audio 12"subs, bought a mongoose car alarm system which came with a turbo timer (so old turbo timer is out and not needed), installed a new gear nob as the old one was giving me the shlitz (old one was a cheap nasty allen key three way type one), changed the FMIC from the cheap and nasty monsta brand one that came with the car to a saber one that i bought a few years ago that was meant to go on another car