SAU Community

I Cant Wait For Christmas!

Hey guys,

So I cant wait for Christmas to come!

Because with Christmas comes a new management system for my R33

Currently talked the girlfriend into buying me a profec 2 boost controller oooohh yeah!

Then im going to be buying myself either a standalone ECU or just a good Piggy back.

Looking at the Emanage Ultimate priced a few around $750 brand new.

Then spoke to a few guys in the forsales forum who are selling power fc's for around $1100 - $1300

Now I just have to decide what path to go down.

Been looking all over the new to see how good the Emanage will be for my goal of 250rwkw

Just going to keep looking to see if it is capable and if so then santa will be dropping one off for me woo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Nice - wish i had a gf like that, or a gf in general :P anyways Im in the same boat, I wanna first hit around 200 RWKW on my stock rb25det setup,

but as money is tighter atm I will probably go thru Toshi and get my ecu remapped, for a 10% power gain, I have heard great things and that is the chosen route for me just the remap with the bigger walbro pump and a service, should make a difference all round.

BUT yes long term would be to crack 250RWKW :) so goodluck on that one

Go the PFC or any other stand alone

R33 Ecus really do not like the Emanage (from experience) the standard ECU has too many protection features.

Here are some NEW options available to you

http://adaptronic.com.au/products.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=67&category_id=1

http://wolfems.cart.net.au/details/696060.html

http://www.vi-pec.com/page_files/pluginecu.htm

But for ease of use (ala plug it in and drive the pfc is great)

but note, despite the Wolf, Vi-Pec and the Adaptronic being more expensive, you wont have to buy a Z32 AFM when you want more power as they are map based ECUs

They also all have inbuilt boost control, just need to buy a solenoid and wire it up. they can also control extra fuel pumps, thermo fans, Nitrous, support data logging, trac control multiple temp based rev limits pretty much anything you want.

The PFC will not run any extra things, so if you want any of the above you have to either get additional controllers etc

the Wolf and the Adpatronic can run flex fuel sensors if you want to go E85 or PULP or anything in between.

ESP are Vi-Pec dealers, and they go for around 1600-1700 + tune

Something to think about

Nice to throw a spanner in the works hahaha

God damit now im going to have to keep thinking and researching!

Would the E-manage be capable of handling around 250 killer wasps?

I have been looking at the power fc but just dont know if its outweighs the E-manage in what im trying to reach.

Price/functions ratio.

My price is around $750-$1000 on the ECU or Piggy back.

But saying that I know if I keep an eye out I could maybe snap up a bargain Power FC without the hand controller for a good price

The Emanage is always fighting the standard ECU

Def look for a pfc, but $ for value the ones I linked above are better imo.

but if you dont want any extra funtions the pfc is a good buy.

Easy to tune, cold start etc is already there.

I just couldn't bring myself to pay $1300 on a 2nd hand basic computer.

A 3rd option is a Toshi Re-map

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/210097-nistune-powerfc-fcon-remap-ecu-road-tune-and-dyno-tune-available-in-sydneysending-to-other-state-and-over-seas-also-abailable-now/page__hl__toshi

I would suggest being 100% certain on what you want from the car, do you want to upgrade the turbo and injectors later on? or will you be happy with ~200rwkws?

NisTune is a great option also and will come with in your budget

So, if it is a street car

http://www.nistune.com/equipment-products-type2.php

+ R32 RB20 ECU (easier to find and less hassles than the Z32 ecu)

+ http://www.msdignition.com/Products/RPM/Timing_Controls/RPM_Controls/8969_-_Digital_RPM_Window_Switch.aspx (to control the VCT)

now if you dont want the NisTune software it will be around the $200 mark for the Board.

So, if it is a street car

http://www.nistune.c...ducts-type2.php

+ R32 RB20 ECU (easier to find and less hassles than the Z32 ecu)

+ http://www.msdigniti...dow_Switch.aspx (to control the VCT)

now if you dont want the NisTune software it will be around the $200 mark for the Board.

Zebra this is the way I want to go.

Its around the same cost of a e-manage but more people know and love the nistune software etc.

You also asked about long term goals.

Really just want to crack the 250kw mark and thats it.

So all im looking at really is the following

- ECU

-Injectors

-High flow turbo

-044 fuel pump

Right now the ECU is my main concern so that I can get my A/F sorted as its pretty out of wack.

Then if im still looking at more I will go down the road of the injectors etc

Tell me what you think.

cool, you have made it easy :D

Find 6 JDM S15 450cc injectors (drop straight into the factory rail) or have yours high flowed, I had mine taked to 750cc and cost about $50 each

Fuel pump of your choice, Walbro, Bosch 040/044, DW 300

Hypergear high flow...no idea what they are called these days (he has so many models)

and Nistune

done

Best part of that is.

Dont want to fork out for injectors just yet? fit the highflow and just tune until you run out of injector (220-230rwkws) Tuner may want it at a little less for safety, then later on fit the bigger injectors and turn the boost up (with a re-tune of course)

My 33 had 200-220rwkws for a long time with a highflow (mine was an old MTQ high flow bought 2nd hand) was really nice to drive (made peak torque at 3500rpm!!!!)

Zebra this is the way I want to go.

Its around the same cost of a e-manage but more people know and love the nistune software etc.

You also asked about long term goals.

Really just want to crack the 250kw mark and thats it.

So all im looking at really is the following

- ECU

-Injectors

-High flow turbo

-044 fuel pump

Right now the ECU is my main concern so that I can get my A/F sorted as its pretty out of wack.

Then if im still looking at more I will go down the road of the injectors etc

Tell me what you think.

You do not need injector for 250kw.

You need Z32 AFM,R34 hiflow turbo (R33 hiflow around 230-250kw R34 250-270kw.R33 hiflow is responsive than R34),044 pump,and std alone ecu or my remap.(I do not recommend piggy back for RB25DET.)

This is my mail order remap with hiflow turbo.My remapped ecu only $500 exchange.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/55845-rb25-turbo-upgrade-all-dyno-results/page__st__720__p__5847954__hl__toshi__fromsearch__1#entry5847954

If you come to Sydney I can real time tune.

Toshi - I was out of injector at 12:1 afr and 220rwkws

No way to get 250 at standard rail pressure, best I have seen is 260 on standard injectors and that was with 65psi base rail pressure and 11ty issues with the tune going all over the place with so much pressure

Toshi - I was out of injector at 12:1 afr and 220rwkws

No way to get 250 at standard rail pressure, best I have seen is 260 on standard injectors and that was with 65psi base rail pressure and 11ty issues with the tune going all over the place with so much pressure

Did you read link?

His mods

-3" turbo back mandrel bend exhaust

-Hypergear Hiflow 21U housing (not sure on turbo spec)

-Stock inlet exhaust manifolds

-Z32 afm

-Pod filter

-Stock injectors

-Frount mount intercooler

-Bosch 044 fuel pump

-Remaped Ecu (By Toshi on here)

-Exeddy Gtr 5puk cermaic clutch with chromolly flywheel

I tuned many R33 hiflow and injector do not change under 250kw .

I think you are talking about AFM.

If your tuner say injector 220kw max , I think tuner do not have knowledge.

Yes,AFM max is 220kw so if you use std AFM , AFR will lean after 220kw.

LOL

Well, I will never recommend any one go see you now

My old tuner is known as all things guru on the PFC all around australia...So jam it!

Edit - So you are saying that myself and hundreds of other people are 100% wrong who haven't been able to get more than 230rwkws from standard 370cc injectors at standard rail pressure.

Also the Boostworx dyno is well known to read higher than most, Ask anyone in Adelaide who have had their car on their dyno

OK

He is in SA and he check dyno in SA.

eg; my customer nick name R 2 THE J (you can search in forum)

MODS:

-Hi-flow turbo by GCG @ 16psi

-Walbro Fuel Pump @ full voltage

-3 1/2" Exhaust Turbo Back w/ Hi-flow cat

-Apexi Pod Filter w/ Cold Air Intake (Great in Summer, even better in Winter)

-Standard Injectors

-BP 98

-242rwkw.

Another customer nick name OoskylineoO .

He got 267kw std injector.

I think around this power max.

But if go to drift or race track bigger injector is safer.

Do you want to more customer name?

370 cc injector is 370hp max for 6 cylinder.

eg; gtr injector is 444cc so injector duty 100% is 444hp.

You can search and calculate this.

How easy is it if I buy one of these ECU's

To change once I get a highflowed turbo and a z32 + injectors?

Do I have to fork out another $600 for one of your ones tuned for that?

or can I just get the one I purchased for my current setup?

Dont feel like forking out $500 now for an ECU with my standard stuff

Then another $600 or so down the track once I upgrade

LOL

Well, I will never recommend any one go see you now

My old tuner is known as all things guru on the PFC all around australia...So jam it!

Edit - So you are saying that myself and hundreds of other people are 100% wrong who haven't been able to get more than 230rwkws from standard 370cc injectors at standard rail pressure.

Also the Boostworx dyno is well known to read higher than most, Ask anyone in Adelaide who have had their car on their dyno

If installed hiflow fuel pump , 250kw is not problem.

I found how to calculate injector size.

http://www.motec.com.au/fuel/injectors/

What size will you need?

The engine power divided by the number of cylinders, gives you hp/cylinder.

As a rule of thumb you will need 5.5 cc fuel per hp.

For example a 600 hp eight cylinder engine requires an injector flow of at least

600/8 x 5.5 = 412 cc/min per injector.

eg;250kw is around 340hp. 340/6 x 5.5 = 311.66

So 311.66cc injector is for around 340 hp (250kw )max.

R33 injector is 370cc so 250kw is enough size.

If you do not believe me please ask motec , haltec , etc.

you are working it out at the flywheel not the rear wheels, it is also working out using gasoline stoich of 14.7:1, which you will know isnt going to work at WOT on a turbo car without detonating its ring hole out

Also, Naturally aspirated and turbo engines are completely different

So Stop miss leading people