SAU Community

Xanavi Cd Operation

minikompressor

Hi all, finished replacing the xanavi unit in our S2 C34 stagea on the weekend, as when we got the car it didn't work. All is working now, except I can't seem to be able to play a cd. I insert it and it says something in jap, but nothing happens. The a/c bit works, as does the tv ( no picture though) . Do I need to select cd somewhere or should it start playing once I've put a disc in. Any help appreciated.

I bought another unit from Nisswreck, which is the one i fitted to the car. Everything else works, except if i put a cd in it wont play it, but if that cd slots only for the sat/nav disc then that explains why :thumbsup: Im guessing that other stageas on here must be fitted with cd stackers. If so, where abouts do they install them, and if one hasnt been fitted before is there factory wiring already run in place. Might have to buy one.

Mine has the same unit(for the prime edition stagea) i bought one of ebay and lent it to Kamikazi motors but they ripped me off and i lost it , the reason i asked is that a mate of mine works at RMIT and an engineer workmate of his , said that he may be able to convert it to english like i have wanted to do for three years now, could be an option.do you know of another in melbourne , by the way i have the CD

post-45905-0-02830500-1328599123_thumb.jpg

I dont know of another one, but if he wants to borrow the "broken" one and see if he can get it back up and running, then see if he can convert it its just sitting here doing nothing :thumbsup: . Also what does the "cd" you have do?

I've got a Xanavi head unit and i am able to play audio cd's in the slot behind the head unit. When it is inserted the controls appear on the touch screen and if the climate control is on, it pushes the display to the right of the screen. If someone can come up with software that'd convert the Japanese to English, I'd definitley be interested.

• 1 month later...

I have the same unit, but the screen doesnt work. It occasionally flickers on when we start the car then dies. I have disassembled the unit hoping there would be a loose cable/bad joint, but no success. Anyone have some experience with this problem before?

if i were to remive the unit completely, how would i control the AC?

when i changed the stereo i had all the dash out as normal and because the wiring loom was disconnected the screen was dead , being a sparky and an inquisitive person i remembered that there was a wire that disapeared into the dash that i disconnected on the install, maybe somewhere in the loom a fault exists that isolates the screen.

I haven`t tried a CD in the sat nav drive but i will try and let you know , on the english conversion , nobody seems to know or it is too hard but I still have a contact at the RMIT and he will have a go at the conversion, my son Adam apparently spoke to someone in Worri Yallock who change the Xanavi head unit and now has a spare but i have yet to see it.

Hope this helps

well bugger me dead , the thing works and the screen does change , the only reason i didn`t check it was due to the stacker, next problem got to figure out how to get the audio working , any clues?