SAU Community

Cai

Hey guy's,

I have been thinking about fitting a pod filter to my R33 Skyline, I've been thinking of different ideas and one that has came to mind is to mount it down behind the bumper instead of running a pipe from there into the engine bay. From my understanding it would give direct cold air but my question is, would it get constantly covered in dust/dirt and would things like water affect the pod?

Cheers.

drill a three inch hole and fit a piece of 90 degree drainage pipe under it then screw a collector to ur front bar to catch the incoming air and channel it

with the pod mounted directlt over this inlet = good flow and minimual debris, mounting the pod outside will only result in u going through a "supeprepcobahn" spec filter once a month due to it getting wet and covered in junk.

Edited by Nikk_666

yes, but thats not what you asked.

(people have done this countless times in the past, think 202 holdens and 250 ford sixes on cortinas a.d toranas run off center scoops, xw falcon gt's had them from factory, as well as chryslers of the same era)

also dont think (drag car scoop) think low mount and moulded into the bonnet. as said before

Wouldn't it look quite stupid with one hood scoop in the left corner of your bonnet.

didn't seem to bother nissan too much when they put one on the r34 GTR v-spec 2 carbon bonnet......... (it's a bith higher up though)

as for a CAI setup on a NA, not worth the trouble. just put a decent panel filter in. unless you have SERIOUS work done to the car you won't be close to maxing out the stock setup. a NA skyline is about 100kw short of maxing out the stock setup. the gains from running a better setup would be minimal. in most cases you'd be lucky to see it on a dyno, let alone feel it on the road. you may think you feel it though

how much you can hear the pod depends on the intake and the pod, as well as how loud the car is in general. for example, on a v6 magna or 6 cylinder falcon you will hear it easily. on a v6 commodore it barely changes the intake sound at all