SAU Community

Installing Seat In R32 - Standard Seatbelt

Hi

Question: How to mount the standard seat-belt buckle in an R32 GTR with an aftermarket seat

Context: I am currently installing a fixed back seat to R32 GTR (Velo GP90)

In order to gain some headroom for myself + helmet, i have opted to mount it directly to the floor using some generic side mont brackets.

Issue: The standard seatbelt buckle bolts to the seat frame. I have seen many aftermarket rails with a provision for the standard buckle to bolt onto.

Ideally i would like to mount the buckle to a flexible extension / strap so that it can sit up high beside the seat so its easier to use

How have others mounted their standard seatbelt with similar installations?

PS: i understand the standard seatbelt is not ideal wth an aftermarket seat, i am installing a 5/6 point harness. The standard seatbelt is for road use - ie: to and from the track

any ideas? surely someone has come up with something?

I want to know how to mount drivers seatbelt buckle without using a seat rail as i am mounting the seat directly to the floor?

why cant you run a spacer between the chassis and the standard buckle and simply bolt it into the tunnels hole for the seat mount? it would get you by, but is not ideal.

other option is to have a motor trimmer that does seat belts to source a buckle that they can sew up a strap like a rear lap sash belt.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I ended up using some 40x3mm steel to make an extension strap which works fine, just curious what solutions others have come up with.

Not sure of the legality, but should be as good as the factory installation

Does anyone know what seat belts clip would be compatible if I wanted to do that? I thought the rear ones would work as they have a flexible mount but they don't accept the front belt tounge

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...