SAU Community

Excessive Tyre Wear - R34 Gtr

Cheers Geoff.

It's either the Dunlop SP Sport Max TT or the Michelin Pilot Super Sport (I hear this is an excellent tyre and even slightly better than the Dunlop.. however, if I can't source it cheap the Dunlop will do! :))

• 2 weeks later...

Fellas,

I've got some crazy track camber spec setup on my R34 GTR as you can see in the above pictures. In turn, this causes stupid amounts of wear on my tyres!

What is the ideal camber settings for a R34 GTR?

Stock settings or slightly better?

Opinions please!

Edited by r0bstr_

• 2 weeks later...

Dunlop sport maxx ty are a decent tyre, however I'd also recommend the Goodyear asymmetric 2. Both are on the same level however I personally feel the Goodyear is just a smidgen better quality.

Sorry for butting in. (work for Beaurepaires)

Roadworthy rules (for Vic anyway) for tyres is the 2 front tyres have to be matching tread. The rears can be different tread, however the disadvantage is that you cannot rotate them to the front.

If your having camber issues, a dunlop TT or asymetrical 2 may also be disadvantageous as they are both asymetrical tyres, meaning 'inside/outside' tyres. If you have massive camber issues it is benificial to be able to 'flip' your tyres so it then wears the old 'outside' of the tyre rather than the excessively worn 'inside' you cannot do this with asymetrical tyres.

My 2 cents o_O