SAU Community

Drifting with the devil...

zer0for0je

Can't drift in an auto? EH? all you need is corner/boost to get the rear spinning, drop it back, bounce it off the rev limiter and keep it there :) I can't wait to go out to the track to try some dorifto, just remember, all the people who think autos can't drive, will be even more surprised when anyone out there shows them :)

Yes you can drift in an auto, one of the initial drift members owns a jzx90 chaser and it is an auto he has the advantage of an 2-way cusco diff but still manages to show up a lot of people with long controled slides into and on the exit of corners and switch backs.

• 2 weeks later...
i hate driftin the v6 auto commodores (old girl has a vy). never thort of locking it in 2nd. that was 1 of my problems it would up shift as i slightly lifted the throttle. not good. stuff that iv got better things to drift anyway lol

ps wats your mums 9 sec commie- wat mods?

oh, that's just a joke, sarcasam :-)

Guys... I have to bust some major rules of Drift..

Firstly Generaly you can't drift an auto... Yes you can and sometimes even better than Manuals due to Long Gearing and no need to change out of gear and have that split second pause of wheels spin which can cause major drift problems...

Secondly most people don't drift heavy cars with long wheel bases because they have no Handling and heaps of Body Roll... True it's harder, but just takes more skill....

Thirdly, Don't drift a holden or a Ford... I agree a bit.. but hey...

No a Standard VS auto won't drift, It will single wheel spin.. lots.. into something hard...

Locked diff might help, But it's your mums car.. you'll surely break something when learning...

When I said I busted some rules.. I did... I drift a 1977 ZH fairlane 500 .. nearly 2 tonnes of car... Its big, heavy, Auto a Ford.. But has a 351 and an LSD and some how I seem to be able to hold a drift.. usually in the rain..

and the 3000 rpm Stall converter helps...

You may think I am insane ... But no one else has done it... and I challenge any one else to try hehe...

I'll post some pics of a drifting Pimp machine when I can

Guys... I have to bust some major rules of Drift..

Firstly Generaly you can't drift an auto... Yes you can and sometimes even better than Manuals due to Long Gearing and no need to change out of gear and have that split second pause of wheels spin which can cause major drift problems...

Secondly most people don't drift heavy cars with long wheel bases because they have no Handling and heaps of Body Roll... True it's harder, but just takes more skill....

Thirdly, Don't drift a holden or a Ford... I agree a bit.. but hey...

No a Standard VS auto won't drift, It will single wheel spin.. lots.. into something hard...

Locked diff might help, But it's your mums car.. you'll surely break something when learning...

When I said I busted some rules.. I did... I drift a 1977 ZH fairlane 500 .. nearly 2 tonnes of car... Its big, heavy, Auto a Ford.. But has a 351 and an LSD and some how I seem to be able to hold a drift.. usually in the rain..

and the 3000 rpm Stall converter helps...

You may think I am insane ... But no one else has done it... and I challenge any one else to try hehe...

I'll post some pics of a drifting Pimp machine when I can

I like all these wankers who can't think you can drift this that and the other, only makes them more surprised when they see you drifting it :D

So much crap from people with no idea.

you can drift anything, you can drift a fwd, evo, gtr, xd falcon, open diff VS, whatever.

how much skill and commitment it takes to do so can be rather high.

I think you'll find what a lot of people call drifting in a falcon or VS is just plain powersliding that any half arse can do. drifiting is an art and anyone who can master drifting can drift anything FWD open, anything you just gotta know how and find a track to do it on.

POWER SLIDING no

DRIFTING yes :thumbs up:

ok, thanks, and another thing, when i pull the handbreak when im driving along, say at 25kmph, this wierd beeping sound starts, ( like a computer beeping sound ) ... whats the deal with that... I assume its just a warning beep to tell you the handbreak is on and your traveling too fast to use it, but just askin you boys to make sure.

• 2 weeks later...

ah isurus oxyrinchus, ur not the only one out there drifting ZH's. My mate has a 400hp ZH too and he drift thats. its awesome.

and ppl who say u can drift a longwheelbase lol get a life.

so anyone can do powerslideS? lol wait till it rains and take a drive, i see alot of ppl spinning out. so no not everyone can powerslide :P

drifting powersliding who gives a shit its all fun