SAU Community

Fuel Cut Issue When Accelerating / Boost Also Dropping

tooleyrs4

Hi guys,

After a little advice.

My stag is currently fuel cutting and i can not work out why.

I have set my boost to 0.7 bar with my EBC i have changed the exhaust left the CAT in and fitted a FMIC

Going off experience from my s15 the 1st thought i had is a boost leak. Cant seem to find one but that does not mean its not there.

I have removed the OEM boost solenoid and blocked the spare vac hose to the intake duct.

The car will boost to 0.7 bar then drop off to 0.3 bar and when it continues to spool back up the fuel cut kicks in.

Am i forgetting to remove any boost sensors? I have a series 2 with the r34 neo engine. There is a black boost sensor in front of the the bulkhead that i have still left connected.

Vid of issue. Foot is flat/3/4 the whole time.

Reaches set level then drops then tries to regain then cuts which makes me believe that is a leak.

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k595/tooleys15/b9b6f50a.mp4

I'm not doubting you, but that doesn't sound like a Neo6 flat to the floor. Especially that second stab at the throttle, boost was very hesitant to rise.

Are you saying you have only just fitted an FMIC ? Sometimes there are rags inside to stop crap going in. Did they get taken out ?

Can you take a picture of your engine bay and EBC tubing etc ? Also try mixing water and something soapy/detergent and spraying that in and around all of your intake piping. It will bubble up if there are any leaks.

It was flat in 4th I have a very quiet exhaust as its my daily driver. it only gets noticably louder after 4000rpm. then after the 1st boost drop it was 3/4

Yes only started happening after the FMIC instalment. There was nothing in it.

Ill get chance to check for leaks fully the weekend. It has to be a leak. Will get a pic of the bay tonight.

boost cut my good man, had the exact same problem, till i went to power fc. for me boost cut hit at 14.3psi :D

no matter what gear i was in, just cut and the boost dropped, then kicked back in in later revs about 5K+ onwards.

not a FMIC or exhaust problem.

Edited by Bronx