SAU Community

Jic Magic Exhaust - V35 Coupe

hey guys,

well my new exhaust arrived last night - JIC Magic Spartan exhaust.

I'm running this and an N*Power Y-pipe. Got it fitted today,

fit and finish seem quite good, one tip protrudes slightly further than the other, but nothing rubs or clangs.

It isn't ridiculously loud (despite the fact that the rear muffler is pretty much straight through, and there is no other muffler!), but it isn't as quiet as the Legalis R.

There isn't any drone, except at between 2 and 2.5k.... (DAMNIT!) , I am planning to add a three inch resonator to hopefully cut this out (in a similar position to where the standard exhaust has the smaller muffler)

I'm pretty happy with it, total cost is 800 including delivery to my door from the US.

Haven't taken any pictures of it on the car, but it looks good!

622539_10151003895663543_1880735309_o.jpg

Thanks mate, will do when I get my phone repaired (broke the camera the other week).

Other than that, I'm trying to work out how to kill the drone a bit. (between 2 and 2.5k rpms)

Not sure if its my cheap Y-pipe with the thin steel walls (The JIC has very thick steel in the piping... unlike the Y-pipe where it is thin), or if I need an extra resonator or straight through muffler installed before the rear muffler.

One thing I have learned with previous cars is that exhaust shops don't seem to know how to get rid of drone unless you are a commodore, falcon or excel (which I suppose is probably the average exhaust shops bread and butter)

One thing I have learned with previous cars is that exhaust shops don't seem to know how to get rid of drone unless you are a commodore, falcon or excel (which I suppose is probably the average exhaust shops bread and butter)

Don't forget the good ol' Charades and Swifts... Hectic brah!

• 3 weeks later...